1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG4 converter that will work

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pimpMike, Aug 7, 2003.

1. pimpMike

pimpMike Guest

yea i d/l sum movies but nothin will allow me to convert them and watch them, i read in one of the forums to use virtual dub and them TMPgenc but it will have an error halfway through converting the movie .so i dunno what to do. and i was wondering if any1 else knows of any more MPEG4 converters. thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What kinda errors are you getting?

3. pimpMike

pimpMike Guest

errors like this......"Exception EAccessViolation in module VIDEOCVT.EXE at 0004caf0.Access Violation at address 0044 cafo in module VIDEO.EXE. Read of address FFFFFFF" ..ok i downloaded sum movies from kazaa and they are in the MPEG 4 format and i have these steps that i read off a forum of how to use virtual dub and change the format to avi so that "easy video converter" and "TMPGEnc" can convert them or any other program. the steps are
    --------
    1. open the AVI in VirtualDub
    2. click video - direct stream copy
    3. click audio - full processing mode
    4. click audio - compression. Select no compression pcm and click ok
    5. click file - save
    ------
    and then after that my converter program will actually allow me to convert my new format. but halfway through the process that error will pop up and i was wondering what that ment. could u help me and tell me what the problem is . thanks

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Try this for me, uninstall the xvid codec and install ffdshow! then try to encode!