1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEGII to DVD?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bratcher, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I've got some MPEGII files (old movies & trailers from www.archive.org) thart I want to play on my DVD player connected to my TV. Will a DVD player show MPEGII files directly or do they have to be converted to VOB format first? My burning program is Nero 6.

2. RussReef

RussReef Guest

"Will a DVD player show MPEGII files directly"

-- Consult the owners manual of your stand-alone DVD player, to see what formats it supports.

"or do they have to be converted to VOB format first?"

-- Well, if you convert them, they'll definitely play on any DVD player. Go to the guides section here at afterdawn to figure out how to convert. You'll probably have to use TMPGEnc to convert, and then burn the resulting VOB-files onto blank media with Nero.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Most DVD players can't play MPEG2 files.

Some software options to convert MPEG2 to VOBs are:
    TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Nero Vision Express
    DVD Lab

Some other guides are here: http://www.videohelp.com/author.htm

Adder.

4. G200Guy

G200Guy Member

I used studio 9 to make an MpegII movie. Now I want to burn that movie to a DVD.

I have NeroVision Express but it always makes me insert a menu in the beginning of the movie. I don't want one, but can't seem to get nerovision to make a dvd without it...

I know I could go back and use Studio 9 to burn a disc, but I'm not that familiar with Studio 9 so I was hoping to avoid that...

Likewise, I often make my videos in VideoFactory but render them in mpegII format. How would I burn those without menu?

Or is my real problem that I'm rendering to MPEGII? Should I be rendering differently then using the burning software to conver to MPEG and DVD files?

Obviously I'm a noob to moving to DVD. I have done alot of video authoring, but only in an education setting where we would be running the videos from servers. Now I need to move the videos to mobile format (DVD).

Any help would be appreciated.

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

If you just want a movie to autoplay, get ReJig, and click on DVD Author.
    Input your mpeg, tell it PAL or NTSC (depending where you live) and let it go.
    Burn with Nero, or other good dvd burning program.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

aslong as your mpeg2 is dvd compliant, load to tmpgenc dvd author and set it to play from start!

it will convert to ifo/bup/vob for dvd structure..

if not compliant put in in tmpgenc PLUS and see if it loads and make dvd compliant....