1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPEG's crashing ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by psj3809, Mar 19, 2007.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Member

Everything had been fine on my computer, have Windows XP, i downloaded a lot of Youtube vids, converted them to MPEG1 and burnt them onto dvd, all well and good.

Downloaded an american show (Apprentice - dont laugh !) for my folks, double clicked the .avi and it crashes Windows Media Player 10 ?

Opened it up with VLC player and its fine. Anyway go to convert it to MPEG, open up WinAVIVideoConverter and select the avi file and it crashes again, same type of Windows error i get when i try to run it through Windows Media Player.

Frustrated as i need to convert my AVI's to Mpegs to make dvds but whatever program i seem to open up these mpegs in it crashes.

Any ideas ? Sorry if things are vague

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. psj3809

psj3809 Member

Thanks for the help, i reinstalled a set of codecs and everything now works.

I dont know why the original codecs became corrupt or stopped working but installing the same set again seemed to work.

Thanks for your help