1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPG to CDV or dvd to play on DVD Player for TV

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by bcblair, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bcblair

bcblair Member

Which is best way to go so I knowe which forum to check in.

I have a movie in mpg format that plays on my computer. I have tried to use nero and Roxio to try and make a cdv. The mpg file is only 693 MB in size. When Nero os Roxio try to convert it to CDV they say it will be 1.3GB and that I need a bigger disk. What should I do?

Should I split the file so I can get it on two disks prior to converting and then proceed as before? If so, What program can I use to split the file?

Should I go a different route? I have a cd burner and a Mashita LF D311 DVD RAM drive that I can use with XCopy?

What is my best direction to go?

TIA

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

If you have the means to make a Dvd do it. The quality should be a lot higher.

There are two ways you can go with creating VCDs. you can either split the mpg files and make to VCDS or you can make a KVCD (allows you to put a longer movie on the 80min cd). For a KVCD you need to have Tmpeg encoder and the KVCD templetes.

You can download the templetes and read up on KVCDs at
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_kvcd_intro.php

Hope this helps!

3. pfh

pfh Guest

You might have a divx compliant mpeg. Highly compressed mpeg that won't look good at all if you convert it to dvd compliant mpeg 2.
    Try converting to divx or go the VCD route like nowthen described.