1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg to DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 6tristan9, Dec 3, 2004.

1. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

I have a MPG movie which i want to burn on to a DVD-RW blank disk. Do i have to change the MPG format into a DVD format using software, or could i burn the MPG movie straight to a DVD-RW blank disk. What software do i need to burn the MPG movie straight to a DVD-RW. The movie is 600 megabytes.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Do i have to change the MPG format into a DVD format using software,

Yes you do. There are several apps that will convert these files.

Have you tried NVE(NeroVisionExpress)? It will allow you you to convert the files(It also converts faster than most of the other file conversion apps), add more than one file, create a custom menu for your compilation so you can navigate and go to any file you wish, set chapters, compress, and burn to DVD all in one app.

It even has a software remote control with which to preview your work and make sure it works and allows you to make any changes you wish before you burn to disc.

It comes in the Nero Ultra 6 suite, an entire suite of audio and video programs which you can use for free each and every month for the entire month til you decide to buy(which I highly recommend). You must reinstall it each month and then you are good to go for that month.

Good luck however you decide to go :>)