1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg to vob to dvd...wtf do i do

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by LoveBone, Nov 5, 2002.

1. LoveBone

LoveBone Member

Alright, I have never burnt a DVD before as you can tell. I have a cd burner and all I want to do is burn some mpeg files that I have downloaded onto a CD so I can watch them on my PS2's DVD player. I've already converted the mpeg files into VOB files with a prog called InstantCD/DVD if that's what I have to do. I think that I also need to burn it on a special disc, like a DVD-R or something-not a regular CD-R. Please, someone help me. I need my adult material on the big screen if you know what I mean:).

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

I know this may sound dumb, but do you have just a cd burner? You do realize you need a DVD burner, right?

3. LoveBone

LoveBone Member

Yeah, thats what I thought but it just seemed logical to me that if I could burn data (such as mpg's) onto a cd with my cd burner, that I could also burn movie's onto it. Thanks, I'm stupid and goodbye.

4. framerman

framerman Regular member

no, no, no, that's not what I meant. You can burn movies onto a CD using AVI's, but not DVD's. You need a DVD burner. You can burn VCD's, and SVCD's, and AVI's, and DivX, and XviD, and a whole bunch more on your CD burner. Only VCD and sometimes SVCD works on your standalone player and the quality usually isn't there.