1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mpg to vob with tmpgnc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gunit2004, Jan 21, 2004.

1. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

i useed tthe guide on here to convert my avi video to mpg but how do i get it to vob ????
    the guide tels me to author the dvd but the infoedit program dont pick up the mpg file
    stresed a lot so please some 1 help me
    thanks a lot

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

gunit2004,

I see by your post that you started out as a working stiff AVI and now have been promoted to the blue-collar level of an MPG. An AVI file isn't that great a quality as I'm sure you must know and you must also be aware that in the structure of videos the VOB's are at the (dare I say "Snob") "Executive" level. My question is, why not just stay at the Junior Executive level of SVCD ?

"A SVCD?" you say ? "Why, Yes !" say I. You could hop right over to Mr. Nero in Job Placements and be playing on a majority of the new up-to-date DVD standalone players, they just "Adore" CD's in the SVCD format. The only thing you are missing is a lot of time converting to VOB’s, which will show off your bad birthplace anyhow.

So, why are VOB's where you HAVE to go ???

"and now gunit2004, over to you - - "

BTW, I'm the guy who answered your help ad :)

Pete

3. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

TMPGENC dvd author, will author it dvd format, i think if you use ifoedit you need to separate the audio first (not to sure). i.e. tmpgenc when encoding not using the wizard there is options on the left to do this to split the files. Or as stated above the svcd route using nero/or vcdeasy or many other programs out there.

4. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

thanks alot to every one who helped me i finaly got there and burn my first dvd to day thanks a lot again to every 1 i couldnt have done it with out u cheeres
    happy
    happy happy
    big smile
    thanks

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

- - - and another Happy Camper goes off into the night,

(yellin' after him, "Y'all come back and see us sometime - "