1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPT troubles with v-180

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by motonewb, Apr 5, 2005.

1. motonewb

motonewb Member

Sorry if this has been posted, but I've been searching this site for a while and I've made it a long way, but now I'm stuck! I got MPT installed and it shows my phone fine. I'm trying to add a song from my computer to my phone as a ring tone, but when I try, it either says that it's too big or it's the wrong format. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. I am running XP pro, I have already tried the PST program or whatever it's called, but it was kinda confusing. The MPT program is easy to navigate and it seems pretty cool, so I'd like to try and stick with it. Thanks a lot!

BTW I'm pretty sure the fone is workin good with the program cuz I was able to put a pic from my comp to my fone as a wallpaper.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

make sure that the ringtones either mp3 or midi or wav and make them with small size, if it didnt work try P2Kman and it should work.,...

3. motonewb

motonewb Member

thanks for responding mossyy. I made sure the file was mp3 and it is. The clip is 16 seconds long, and it still says unsupported format. I also tried doing it with a wav file and same thing. I tried using P2Kman before and it wasnt working for anything and I didnt really like it. O well I'll keep tryin. Thanks for the help!

Update: I figured it out! Thanks a lot mossyy!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  4. baspeed

baspeed Member

When I was looking for phones my first phone was teh v220 and it didnt say it supported Mp3's and maybe your 180 dosnt. I figure if the 220 dosnt then why would the 180?

I could be wrong

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

baspeed

V180 and V220 do support mp3.....

6. tsisK

tsisK Member

well..i got the mp3 to work on my moto v180. Well I use sound forge program to cut and edit my song. I haven't try the mpt or the other program. I think u need to set the format under 22050 hz and have it on mono with 16 bit or 32 bit..i suggest you use 16 bit because of the small speaker on the moto v180. having the bit depth too big can blow up the small speaker. save the file in mp3 format. my ringtone are usually 25 secs to 30 secs. try that and see if it will work for you.

NEVER MIND..HAHA..MISSED HIS RESPONSE..HAHA

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005