1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPT, Vista and RAZR

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sqcocci, Apr 14, 2007.

1. sqcocci

sqcocci Member

I am experiencing two issues (which are likely related) with MPT. I have recently purchased a pc w/Vista. I believe I have loaded the appropriate drivers for Vista. But MPT gives me an error when I attempt to save a file as an mp3 "failed to create file".
    The other error I run into is when I attempt to upload to the RAZR. The error is "Unsupported format (mp3 codec may be inappropriate or missing)"

Is this a Vsta issue or am I missing a codec? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I don't use Vista, so this point may not be valid, when I put MPT on my daughter's computer I ran into the same situation, it couldn't handle MP3 files until I updated the codecs thru Windose Media Player, try playing a MP3 file thru Media Player, and if you are indeed missing that codec, media player will update itself thru the internet. It worked for me, might be worth a try. Let me know it it helps.
    Read Me

3. sqcocci

sqcocci Member

Unfortunately, that didn't help. Thanks, though. I am pretty sure it's a codec issue, but I don't know how to tell with Vista.