1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MPT Won't Detect my v551

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by elementw, Mar 26, 2005.

1. elementw

elementw Member

Odd issue, maybe it's been covered before though....

Windows XP SP2 is working fine with my BT adapter and phone. I've sent multiple files through the Obex and such.

The thing is, when I go to install MPT (v3.11), it never finds my phone (v551).

Any ideas how to remedy this problem? Also, what other phone editing programs are compatabile with bluetooth?

2. RaZrFaN

RaZrFaN Member

Yes same with me, i use the USB cord and it wont detect my V3 Razr

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

I know a lot of people have been having problems connecting their V551s to the Mobile PhoneTools software via Bluetooth. After a lot of messing around, I finally found a way to make it work. Note, you MUST be able to establish a Bluetooth connection to your phone from your computer in order for this to work (e.g. "My Bluetooth Places").

-Install the latest version of the MPT software and run LiveUpdate

-Start the software, open the default profile, and cancel out of the connection type screen

-When the program opens with the generic phone/skin selected, hit F6 to go into the manual setup

-Click the Communication tab and change the modem to the Bluetooth modem, then select the V551 from the device selection screen

-After you exit the setup, the skin should change to the V551 and it MIGHT connect to the V551

-If it doesn't, initialize the Dial-up Networking Gateway to the phone via Bluetooth (you can do this through "My Bluetooth Places," or the Bluetooth tray icon)

-You will see the BT icon turn green (if you have it set up correctly) and the dial-up networking window will pop up

-With the icon still green, refresh the Mobile PhoneTools display (or exit and restart the program, or open and close the setup screen)

-It should connect! Now whenever I open the MPT software, I don't even have to initialize the Bluetooth modem. It does it automatically.

4. Blazinlow

Blazinlow Member

Thanks for the tip, I have been trying to 2 months to figure out how to connect my Phone to my PC, got both bluetooth dongle and the USB cable. Now I got it working!

Thanks

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all :D