1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr. Brain's Faggots

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Feb 7, 2004.

1. forkman

forkman Member

PS Nephilim you can get Mackeson in Arizona, have'nt seen that in pubs for a long time.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

You will not find a Canadian drinking Fosters, You need to drink something like Moslon`s Canadian. Then he or she will come up to you and say, man why are you drinking that junk.

3. forkman

forkman Member

Fair comment the George Hotel used to sell Labbats and Heineken but changed suppliers and now we are stuck with Fosters(alright) Carlsburg(Shite) Carling(So So)and thats about it.
    Maybe we ought to start a new thraed (What do you drink?)

4. forkman

forkman Member

I meant Thread Sorry

5. forkman

forkman Member

Now I've just read mmmm Beer sorry again!

6. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

After a night of drinking, i like to have poutine.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

French fries topped with cheese curd with gravy. I was visiting with my mum so I figured I'd ask her -she's a baker by trade and she's a detective show junkie (Agatha Christie, Poirot, Hettie Wainthrop so I was going to present her the clues) and she knew what it was.

This thread would've dragged on for 30 pages before I guessed it :) They do sound tasty though. Especially after the right amount of Guinness.

Quid pro quo - I have one for you fellas. Since poutine was a French-Canadian dish I'm going to present "horchata" a Mexican-American treat. have at it.

8. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

I had poutine today at lunch, mmmmmmmm. I wish i was eating it right now.

"Horchata" huh? ok, is it a breakfast, lunch or dinner dish?

9. forkman

forkman Member

Chips and cheese?After a skinfull I'd rather go for a curry but thats a British thing. Horchata, now I love mexican food, is it hot?

10. Nephilim

It can be had with breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like it with all three although I find it best with a plate of red beef tamales, flautas and beans. It isn't hot (spicy or temperature wise).

forkman, if you love Mexican food you would be in a taste-bud nirvana here. I stay away from the big "Amercanized" Mexican food places and hit the small "mom and pop" places in south Phoenix and El Mirage run by folks who come up from Mexico. It's ecstasy for me to go with friends to a little place like that, eat everything in sight, drink a few bottles of Negra Modelo (a very good Mexican dark beer) and finish up with with a few honey-covered sopapillas. My mouth is watering as I type :p

11. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Is it made with or mostly avocado? Since not spicy and cold and eaten any time. I have to guess some form of avocodo dish. Am I close?

12. Nephilim

Nope :) Not avacado, although you did describe guacamole quite well - avacado paste with spices and such scooped up with tortilla chips or on top of a chimiganga.

I'll give a big hint though - the most common form has cinammon in it.

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2004
  14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Nephilim, Your american right?
    Have you or anyone else out there know what a Popover is?

The Americans should get this I think.

15. Nephilim

Hee hee :) It's great stuff! It sounds weird but really hits the spot on the hot days (mexican, not original.

Yes, I'm in the great state of Arizona - Phoenix to be exact. The Native Americans here make "fry bread" which is a thick, flat bread cooked in oil and served with beans and cheese or meat and the Tohono O'odham Indians call them popovers. I've lived in AZ my whole life so this is the only popover I know :) Are they like Pop Tarts? Of course with the English connotation of tart they would be Pop Sluts I guess.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Bald is Beautiful[/small]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  16. forkman

forkman Member

Like a sleepover but not as long?

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The popovers I am used to are different than that. The Brits have them, but they are called something different, which to me makes no sense. But big clues are searved with meat and potatoes and you can but butter or jam in them. Some even put gravy in them.

18. forkman

forkman Member

Yorkshire puddings?

19. Nephilim

Biscuits?

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Forkman has it, but I think thats the wrong name. It not a pudding, and I don`t know what Yorkshire is like, but if all there puddings are like that, I don`t think I would want to visit. You can tell its american, as it pops over itself in the muffin pan, is why its called a popover.
    THis is fun, any weird British treats?