1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS dash will not load after evox install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by vernonm79, Nov 10, 2004.

1. vernonm79

vernonm79 Guest

I got the x3 bios that I needed. Then when I loaded it all worked fine. "booting to the new bios as well as booting to the old ms bios" but when I loaded the evox dash it will still boot to the x3 bios/evox dash, but when I try to bypass the x3 chip, my xbox says that it needs servicing. any suggestions?

2. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

are you using LIVE? i you are and you forgot to turn your bios off, even once, it "tatled to microsoft" and changed the MS bios. Or if not you probably have a problem with your DO connection. go back into your box and check it

3. TSuave

TSuave Member

you also need to make sure you lock your drive in evox cuz the original dash will not boot with it unlocked

4. vernonm79

vernonm79 Guest

I got it. THank you to all. I did not have my HD locked.

5. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

if somebody can help me i have the same problem everything boot fine with the chip on but when i tuirn the chip off it says it needs service and my harddrive is locked but I did accidentally started the box with the chip enabled and I did get banned from xbox live. I have another problem with avalaunch and i had the same problem with evox it loads everything that i downloaded through the dashboard like media center and dvd2xbox but i ftpd px hdd loader and im trying to put emulators on it but when i goto these programs they wont load i have them under E:/emulators and E:/apps in separate folders

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  6. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

ok i've fixed all of these problems evox m8 bios was not loading games or apps correctly fixed with xecuter bios and also your bios on your modchip looks for dashes to load when you start so keep your original ms dashboard as xboxdash.xbe and name your evox or avalaunch dasdh to evoxdash.xbe and now everything should load correctly it should load ms dash with chip off and your other dash with chip on

7. ttmactt

ttmactt Member

does anyone know how to fix this?? i solder the x3 modchip and everything all the wires is where its supose to be but the x3 logo is still red and the hdd lite comes on but not the lan and i get a all blue screen on da tv. do i need to install a bios or flash or anything cuz i just got it? thank you