1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS28 and Xtreme 5.2b (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rbb07, Mar 25, 2007.

1. rbb07

rbb07 Member

First off I apologize if this is in the wrong part. I recently have had my 360 modded. I have a toshiba Samsung. The guy who modded it apparently modded xtreme 5.2b. Since it's been modded the more I play it the more, Disc problems I have. Such as Dirt Disc or Unrecognized discs. Also the burned games aren't the only games with this problem. My orginals now won't play. They crash if two people are playing it, and the dirt or damaged disc message comes up. I've even had this isn't an Xboxd 360 disc. I took it back and had him relook at it and he didn't notice any problems until I pointed it out to him. I'm assuming that he's never encountered this problem. He suggested that maybe 5.2b isn't working well because I have a ms28, and he has the same mod on his xbox 360 but he has a ms25. He has suggested that Xtreme 5.2C would work.

My question is, is it normal for the orginals to have problems. And do you thionk that this is purely a mod related problem did he make an error modding? Any help would be apprecaited.

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k i had something the same problem except both original or backups never worked and it was so noisy and ruff it sounded like it was gonna break the disc so i flashed it with c and then b again and it was less noisy and worked.

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

If you use all Verbs, then 5.2a is the best

4. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

is 52a noisy??? mine was like frikin sounding worse than burning it. it was like rough noise. like zzmmmzmzmzzzKHARRRRRQQQQRRzmmmmmmmmmm. hope u get the idea. lol

and i was using verbatim media!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  5. twisty1er

twisty1er Member

when he flashed it the guy was using a floppy drive correct. When I flashed my 360 with a floppy it sounded real noisy, and I got the same messages error disk dirty. I would take it to someone who uses a flash drive to flash drives, on the first shot it will work without any problems

6. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I've went through one 360 that refused to play any of my originals and backups, it was a Samsung MS28 flashed with Xtreme 5.2a. I don't think it matters weather you use a floppy or USB drive. I didn't encounter the problem until a few weeks or about a month later after the drive was flashed. The drive seems to have deteriorated over time (maybe from the hacked firmware? Who knows) but I've heard other people who never flashed or messed with their 360 and experience the same problem so it may just be on Microsoft's part.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  7. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

same here, even though I can still boot originals fine.

5.2d gives me so many undreadable disc errors, maybe 50% I just reflashed to 5.2a, and it the error still occurs, i'll be testing this for the week.

I'm almost sure that it's the firmware, ok it has solved the open tray error, but has replaced it for undreadable disks it seems :(

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

try reflashing to b. i did it between a and b like two times and now my 360 is shutup (it was equally loud on b too) and it reads perfectly.

9. rbb07

rbb07 Member

Hey I jsut got my 360 reflashed with C.. I'm not encountering as many noise problems. I'm using verbs now and they work alot better. Only problem is it loads a little slower but that coule be because I might have had it on low speed. Anyhow my original games are still giving me the dirty disc error.. what should I do? Will ABCor D work at all for my MS 28? I need help thanks..