1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ms28 e 65 error 0800 disk not working, help if you can.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by antihomie, Jan 6, 2008.

1. antihomie

antihomie Member

Hey i know its not my first time asking for help on this but i really need it. I made a video so you all could understand beter. plz turn volume up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XJ6JA2DXB4w

halo3hippo990@yahoo.com

Thx

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

first off, you might want to remove your email before you get spamed out of your mind.
    now, does your 360 still play orig. games? i watched your video but its hard to follow.
    what tute did you follow?
    also are you sure that sata card is via chipset?

3. antihomie

antihomie Member

Dont mind spam. I am using xtream 4.2 and my chip set is recommended in textbooks tutorial...i think its a rosewell 212 raid card although it does not say via anywhere on it

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

how old is that textbook guide you are useing?
    xtreme firmware is kinda old, 4.2 is old, i think the last xtreme firmware i used was 5.?.
    now every one has ixtreme,maybe it would help if you get ahold of some newer software, download textbooks latest guide.

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i have been checking on your sata card, i have not seen it texbooks guide, it may work with a ms 25 but not the ms28.
    it has to be via chipset so you need to buy a via 6421 sata card and start over.
    there is all new firmware, flashing software and textbooks newest guide, they can be found here.

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

it is erroring out because your chipset is not compatible. go on ebay buy the 6421 pci sata card like fudpucker said and you will be good to go. plus i hate using that samread crap. i find the mtkflash method far more useful and easier. as soon as you get the via card let us know and you will be up and running in no time.

7. antihomie

antihomie Member

wow thanks a lot you guys sorry for the late reply i will look more into buying a new card so its not a matter of my error 65 on my card. When i use samread or mtk flash it does come up as extream on option 3 and when i have the xbox on wile a do it, it does make the dos scan for devices so it knows its there and like a said before i got it to 10% before it crashed so it has worked once berfor. or is that not a problem.

Thanks a lot everyone i appreciate you all talking the time to help me, it mean a lot.

8. antihomie

antihomie Member

Ps if you could link me to a tutorial to the mtk flash method then that would be great same for textbooks new tutorail.

9. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

maybe that is your problem, if you have your xbox on when you choose you are doing it wrong, you have your xbox off, turn on your pc boot up the boot disk or usb drive with mtkflash on it, when you get the command prompt, turn on the 360 and type mtkflash r /m orig.bin, press enter, when the options come up, turn off the 360, then push extreme option and count to 9 then turn the system, it says 10 but don't start at 10 in case you can't push the button on time, there is a small windows to do the 10 sec trick. then it should start dumping, when done, turn off 360, restart comp, goto windows , make hacked firmware with your orig.bin, then copy hacked firmware to bootdisk, restart comp and follow same as above but type mtkflash w /m "firmwarename.bin" hope this helps man and goodluck.