1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS28 Question / Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AJ56, May 3, 2007.

1. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Ok, earlier on in this thread....

Thread Here

I was having problems with my MS28 drive. I went and bought a whole new MOBO off EBAY. It used to have a Hitachi on it. I figure with a working key I can spoof the drive and make it work on the new MOBO. I just received the MOBO and I still get the same problem. My question is, Could it be that the drive itself is damaged somehow. I mean it says it flashed correctly. I see the 4 Banks flash and complete. I follow the tutorials on 360Hax to a tee and nothing still works. I think the drive itself is F'ed. It says it is flashing, but I dont think it really is. Its not my VIA 6421 card cause I just flashed a ELITE with it 2 days ago. So I really beleiv e it is the drive that is the problem. I think I somehow shorted or corrupted the drive and now while it says it is flashing ok, I dont think it really is. Any suggestions, other than what I have done already?

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

it would help if you cold tell us what the drive is doing when you try to play a game in it.
    what happens when you insert a xtreme backup game and a orig game.

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

u no that each mobo has a special serial and it must match in the dvd drive ur ms28 or w.e...
    im not really sure what ur saying so i can't help a lot.

4. AJ56

AJ56 Member

It did not try a game because when bootin it goes straight to an E65 error.

I know about the mobo and drive key. I bought it with a original working drive key.

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

u for sure it was original and working. maybe its just ur pc or something i can't really see a problem since u did flash a elite. im not sure only thing it could be is drive or mobo.