1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS28 Question: Is soldering absolutely necessary?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bmilcs, May 3, 2007.

1. bmilcs

bmilcs Member

I opened up my XBox 360 and find that I have indeed the Samsung MS28. Now, as I read in textbook.pdf, it says that i must solder, and I have absolutely no experience with soldering.

Is there any other method out there? Can someone help?

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

No, you don't have to solder anything unless you do the VCC Switch method in which you have to solder a resistor. You need to do the bad flash method or 10 second trick which requires you to format a usb stick with the bootable files and hacked firmware, you need to use Xtreme bootmaker to format the usb thumdrive or floppy which i wouldn't recommend. Also, it's best if you have VIA VT6421 PCI raid controller card for MTKflash compatibility..

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

4. masachist

masachist Member

Try Textbooks NEW "idiots guide to flashing" on 360mods.net it has screen shots and what not.

I suggest you dont try the soldering method unless you have lots of experience soldering. I tried the the soldering method and fubar'ed my drive :(. Desoldering the resistor takes a lot of skill, if your not careful you will rip out the two metal pads/leads that the resistor is attached too.

I recommend you shell out $10 and buy a VIA sata pci card or pick one up at a local store and proceed with the no solder method.

Last edited: May 3, 2007