1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

msconfig problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tuxbox, Feb 18, 2007.

1. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

hi everytime i change my msconfig settings they save but after the ~5th time i reboot they go back to the previous settings they were.

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

Every time you change something with msconfig, it should put it selective startup mode. When you restart you will get a menu saying it is in selective startup. Or you can just pull up msconfig and on the general tab select selective startup

Do you have services that you changed or just the startup settings?>
    Always use services.msc for service stuff, as for the programs you can go into the programs it self and change the startup options. Hope that helps

3. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

start up settings. an when i change it manually for msn an yahoo messenger for some odd reason they always change themselves after i reboot but other programs it takes about 5 reboots for them to change

4. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

yeah I hate that. the best way is just to go into messenger and msn and change the 'start when windows starts' option. You will have to poke around, they like to hide those options sometimes.

5. tuxbox

tuxbox Regular member

ok thnx ill try.