1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSE

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, May 13, 2011.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Is there a simple way of turning MSE OFF temp so I can download programs, files, ect? When it is turned on it causes problems with downloading and even causes browser crashing? After I finish I will then turn it back on. Its tray icon turns from RED to GREEN on start up.All help welcome. When it is turned ORR the interface shows a TURN ON button, but not the reverse.

2. Pegasis

Pegasis Regular member

Hello,

If you right click your tray icon and choose open, than if you select the "settings" tab and scroll through the options to "real time protection" and uncheck the box that says "turn on real-time protection" and click save changes.

Remember to turn it back on when done as it is not automatic.

Note: Also under the "real-time protection" settings you can just uncheck the box that says "Scan all downloads" but again if you want it to scan again remember to turn the option back on.

Let me know how you get on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I tried it when it came to updating, sort of. In that case I needed to turn OFF the AUTO UPDATES in the SECURITY CENTER which leaves a red tray icon. Irelivent. Unless I do that the MSE updates never finish. Other programs now download and install. REAL TIME is still turned ON, No changes in SETTINGS. I will change things if needed. Thanks for the tip.