1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mtk flash help..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Vitriolic, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Is there a way to run MTk flash in the command prompt? MY pc does not have a floppy disk slot. So I need an alternative method.

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

mtkflash is run at the comand prompt but u need a driver. Go by urself a flash drive and put the program on that and boot from usb device

3. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

I have a USB flash drive will that work. If I just put mtkflash.exe and the firmware .bin on it. Will I have to restart computer.

4. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

ya put ur progrm on it and boot ur pc back up but go to the setup u know the blue screen w.e and go to bot from usb deivce and you schold be good

5. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

thanks Dindi I appreciate your help thus far. Okay here's the update. When I turn on my comp i press f10 then it asks what I want to boot from and I click on my zip. Then its a black screen with a blinking white checkpoint and just sits there.(only waited 3 mins and got ancy) Is this normal and do I have to wait longer. Now inside my zip is the Mtkflash and the .bin. Should I just put the mtkflash.exe. OH and also Im not attempting to flash anything yet I just want to make sure I can access mtk flash before I order the drive that I'll be flashing. Will it not work without drive installed on my system.

6. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

hmm i need alot more info buddy like ur drive type and ms25 or ms28 and what tutroial u are using i can link u to a great one just need info

7. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

actually it's an originial xbox drive, the samsung 605 or something. I got the firmware for it, it's just about getting mtkflash to work. Any ideas? Link me if you think that would help.

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

pm me ur email i got a great tutorial for u full of links and downloads

9. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

10. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

NTFS 4 DOS will work for you.