1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mtk Won't Read Nor Flash (anymore)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jeepcreep, Jul 6, 2007.

1. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

hey there,

no noob so I basically know what I've done and what I'm doing....
    here's what I have:
    * samsung m25 dvd with currently xtreme 5.2 (supposedly not banned, not sure)
    here's what I want (of course):
    * ixtreme 1.2b

the above strongly suggests that flashing already worked on my system and so is the case even though some people claim it shouldn't work with (nforce4) onboard sata that is controlled by IDE (it can be read that if your sata appears in components > storage > IDE it doesn't work), believe it, it did already work! so much for that.
    my problem is....
    I use iprep1.0.1 0.0.1 with latest defs (for 1.2b), create bootdisk with patched mtkflash (tried both of my two sata controllers), turn off pc, unplug all devices, boot with floppy, intro-text comes, I do the xRead/iDump thingie, controller is detected (!!) - so much for the record - but when I choose the appropiate controller, it just hangs... nothing happens, absolutely nill... I can CTRL+C out of it....
    tried everything... turned on box at different points of time...hand-hexedited mtkflash, took a special nForce4-version I've found in some tutorial (as I stated before: detection is *not* the problem) omitted the /sata parameter and even did the "10-seconds-trick" (however, only for m28 drives as I understand) - zilch!

formerly worked, now doesn't anymore...
    one thing I'm not clearly certain about is whether I'm already banned or not - without exposing myself too much, but did M$ upgrade something during XBL-sign-in to prevent the drive from communicating or something stupid like that??? I'm quite desperate.... grateful for any ideas!

regards, j.c.

(posted in xbox-scene too)

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

When you flashed your MS25 with the current firmware, its now an MS28, so you will have to use MS28 settings when creating your new firmware.

3. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

so an m25 drive flashed with xtreme 5.2 or 5.3 turns into an m28 that way??? I didn't know that....

4. 360OwNeR

360OwNeR Member

did you put the 0800 disk in your 360>?

lol, thats prob your problem... burn the 0800 disk to a single layer as you have 5.3 which supports single layers.

then you put it into the drive for 10 seconds then it will get recgnized by mtkflash

5. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

sorry forgot the S in ms25/ms28.... anyways... the new iPrep doesn't make this difference anymore!
    but still to get this clear... my dvd is now an ms28 ? so it cannot be easily flashed like the ms25 anymore??

6. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

@360owner... thanks for the hint!! indeed I forgot that.... just burning the image...

7. 360OwNeR

360OwNeR Member

lol...no prob..ur lucky u can burn it to a single layer

i had 4.2 and i had to burn it to a double layer! argh.

8. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

yup.. as you correctly pointed out, this was the issue. a single layer disc did the trick and now everything is back online.
    thanks for the quick help!

as an aside: the ms25 > ms28 (now 0800 needed) should be more clearly stated in the tutorials!

9. 360OwNeR

360OwNeR Member

cool..no prob..

if you run the normal 1.2 i think it does it by itself... it will telll u that ur trying to put a ms28 fw on a ms25

then i clicked ok and flash via MTKFLASH

10. jeepcreep

jeepcreep Member

dunno with 1.2... i tried to flash 1.2b ....

no info or message whatsoever... just hangs about, does nothing...

even.. when I did the 0800-disc-thing it recognized my orig.bin as ms25 (!!) and the hacked.bin as ms28 and sincerly asked me whether I truly and honestly wanted to merge those two non-fitting versions together....
    I did and so I won but Joe Public would've got the creeps here, running away (with scissors) - I guess, some updated tutorial stuff is needed. Textbook.pdf and stuff granted but it seems to become gradually outdated....

anyways... back online and ruling.... 1.2b is running just fine (and really slow -> and quietly!)