1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTR issue Dummy VOB Warning

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by megskew, Feb 15, 2007.

1. megskew

megskew Member

When I try to rip my copy of Shrek 2 I get that message. It then says This VOB indicates that it was mastered with deliberate bad sectors. My 2 choices are Delete VOB or Pad VOB. I don't have a clue.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I would choose the pad option. Then the ripper knows what to do with the dummies. Otherwise it stalls out and can not continue. Use DTOX which is now DVD2one2 to remove all unneeded cells & Shrink, you can remove all of them with a duration of 0.00. At least you can for Saw3, I believe this is the same way. Then it will burn to disk or img file for you.

Make sure you are extracting only the main movie. De-check the full movie option in prefs and then do only the title set with the movie. Should work. If it does not try 2.6.6 I KNOW that works with the new movies.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  3. fongie

fongie Member

Hey Kitty,
    I tried padding the vob, and at the end it says that it's been ripped or whatever but it may not work and to check it before burning because it may not work.

The part you wrote about deleting stuff in dvdone2x, where do I click to get the option to mess with/delete the bad sectors?

Thanks for all your help! ;)
    Fongie

4. fongie

fongie Member

Nevermind, I figured it out! ;) I just selected to burn the movie only and went to the cell section to double check for 0:00 durations. All worked out. Thanks for all your recent tips!

- Fongie ;)

5. kroppie

kroppie Member

I have the same problem with Monster House. I padded the dummy VOBs, but when I went to playback the film after having recorded the main feature only using Div2X (I'm using a Mac), the film missed out certain chapters which meant that it couldn't be viewed.

Any ideas on how I can get round this?

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

After you pad you cells you need to remove them before burning. To do this use DVD2one2. I have yet to find something free for this...But...the do have a 30 day free trial.

With this program in the "join" section you can find a section called cells. Click on that and delete any file with a DURATION of 0.00 it may have data in it but you are interested in duration. These are the bad sectors.

Let me know if it works.

The method I use is in the saw thread here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/467524

It may help.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  7. kroppie

kroppie Member

Thanks, kitty, for that, but I am afraid it didn't work. No matter what I do, I still end up with the first 7.5 chapters (around 21 minutes) of the film missing. There are a lot of 0.00 cells and one 0.01 cell. I've tried removing the 0.01 cell as well, but the film starts recording about 21 minutes into the original feature.

I followed your instructions to the letter, I promise! Any other ideas?
    Kroppie

8. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK, this is Monster House right. I have that one so I will give it a try. I have company right now so it may be a bit but I will try it and see what's up. Did you try doing it without deleting that .1 duration cell. Sometimes those can be chapter pointers and are necessary for proper rip/burn.

9. kroppie

kroppie Member

Hi
    Yeah, I tried without the 0.01 cell. I had a look at the MTR forums too. It seems that MH is full of glitches and anti-pirating features. Some of the other people on the MTR frums have had success, but usually with ripping using the new beta version. I'm still using 2.6.6.

10. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Yup...I had to use R14d to get this to work. It wanted to urp in 2.66. I think the donation is worth it. It is an improvement over 2.66 methods, but now toast is not doing the burning of these encryptions anymore either...so mores software to buy. MTR forum and their guru, reccomended Dragon Burn and that it worked for this. Some report ok results with toast...not many. Most good results are using popcorn (this is what I tested with on my sisters new mac I forget which, my mini won't burn dvds. Only rip)

What a pain to keep something from being destroyed by my kids. Ripit4me on the PC did all of these snarky ones no prob. Darn it. The mac is funner.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007