1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mulitple Dead Discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Xaren, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Xaren

Xaren Member

Alright if I burn game X five times on a DVD+R RICOHJPN Disc on different speeds *game has been proven to work without any modifications* and none of them work using cogswap technique on a V4 PS2 (Yes it plays both DVD+R and DVD-R) do you think using a DVD-R disc will work?

2. jolimule

jolimule Member

for my ps2, i only use DVD-R even if my ps2 can read both. Never got any problem with anybrand when i burn at THE SLOWEST SPEED!!!!
    i only fail when i patch PAL games for my NTSC machine.

3. Xaren

Xaren Member

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I have used both, but unless your burner can booktype a DVD+R to DVD-Rom then i suggest you get some good quality DVD-R (8X if you can find them)

If you can buy online then supermediastore.com has great prices on Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim which are pretty much the top two brands.

5. Xaren

Xaren Member

Holy crap...It actually works! Here's what I did, drove my lazy ass to Fry's electronics bought myself a pack of 100 DVD-R's, drove back home updated firmware popped it in the computer and read media SONY16D1 unfamiliar to me but hey, anything is better than those memorex discs right >> burned at 8X popped in the game and viola! Thanks for the suggestions guys you don't know how happy I am and how frustrated I was before this xD!