1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi disc games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by amoani, Dec 9, 2003.

1. amoani

amoani Member

hi there

I own a PS2 with the magic 3.1 mod chip in it. I have read about a lot of games that are being backed up and converted from pS2 dvd to multiple cd's (ie games that come on 2,3 or 4 discs). What i am curious about is how you would be able to play say disc 1 and open the cd tray to put disc 2 in without the console crashing. As whenever i have tried this with a normal dvd game the console will not continue the game and it has to be rebooted. Is there a special way of doing this that i do not know about? As i am very interested in backing up my PS2 games but do not have a dvd writer and will not be getting one in the near future, so multiple cd's are my only option.
    Any info on this would be much appreciated
    Thanx :)

Amoani

2. amoani

amoani Member

BTTT^

3. amoani

amoani Member

Come on people.... someone must know something.
    BTTT^

4. amoani

amoani Member

Bttt

5. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

I understand how times might be tight financially, but dude, you gotta break down and find the $100 to $150 and buy a DVD-writer. Most of the good games coming out are using 3 to 4.5 gigs of space on a DVD. I use swap magic and while it works great, the swappin' in and out part gets to be a bitch sometimes. I can't imagine swappin' multiple CD's to get a game loaded. And burning them to 2,3, or 4 disks would suck too. Go to check advance place and "borrow" the $ till your mom (or whoever) gives you some christmas money. Or tell everyone in your family that you just need them to pitch in $20 or so (as a X-mas present) to raise the capital. Good Luck, I'm rootin' for ya...