1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Disk ps1 games?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Thoatih12, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

Is there a way to put the 2 disc games for the ps1 emulator together to create one eboot so when the Playstation1 game asks for disc 2 it automaticly loads disc 2?

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

As far as i know (which isn't very far, so please correct me if im wrong) there is no way of doing this.

Perhaps you could try putting the two eboots into the folder you run them from, but name one EBOOT.PBP as usual, and call the other DISK2.XXX, then if its a game like FFVII, save your game before it asks you to load the disk, open IRShell, navigate to the folder, and switch the filenames. Although i dont know if IRshell allows you to rename files...

Still, its worth a shot :p

EDIT:

(IRShell patch notes)
    "4. Added File Manipulation functions, including Delete, Rename & Create Directory. These functions may work differently according to the current views you're on. Example, if you're under "DIR View", rename will allow you to rename the actual file or directory."

It would appear you can rename files using IRShells DIR view, so maybe try that method?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  3. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

good idea...ill try it but it says irshell only can be used with 2.71se-c? is it usauble on 3.03oe-c?

4. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Worked perfectly on my 3.10oe-A' so i would presume so :)

5. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

kk thats good news...i rlly hope i get this working! i was plaing lunar silver star story and it asked for disc 2 and i went to do it but it didnt work just loading it...hope this way works!.thanksss

6. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

I've not actually got to a point in a game where it asks me for another disk on my PSP yet, this was a complete off-the-top-of-my-head thing, so if it doesn't work i do apologise for getting your hopes up :p

7. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

hey how to i get IRshell loaded during a game?

8. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Im not sure its possible, i think you'd have to quit the game and load it...

So it would have to be a game where it saves RIGHT before it asks for the next disk, like the final fantasy series