1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Disk psx-p games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Vykrex, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Vykrex

Vykrex Guest

With no avail I have been searching around to find a way to swap disks for psx games on the psp... Most Legend of the Dragoon and Metal Gear Solid.

Thank you

2. fearevil

fearevil Guest

ya, same here, but with final fantasy 7

3. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Wait... So you can only play up till the end of disc 1? I'm posative Final Fantasy games promt you to save (leaving you at disc 2 in your profile) before disc change. Can't you just run disc 2 from your GAME menu and load from there?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  4. fearevil

fearevil Guest

no, it says to put Disc 1

5. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

So when you finished disc 1 it didn't prompt you to save? I found this on a site, I'm not at disc 2, but try it and let me know if it works, otherwise I might haveto skip playing this game on the PSP

6. fearevil

fearevil Guest

thankx

7. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2007
  8. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

9. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Sorry mods for yet another double post, but this is to bring this to attention for the guys above me, not for my own benefit.

So this guy suggested to use this...

I tested it and created a save file in disc one. I then exited and loaded up disc 2 and the save file was still there, so in theory this works. As long as your save files say "Disc 2" this will work.

What I did was called each one 12345 (the four letters are the same by standard), then copied them onto my memory card... Good luck and I hope this solves your problem, I think it's solved mine, I'll find out when I hit disc 2 I guess.

10. goukumori

goukumori Member

not sure if anyone is still following this, but i've figured it out to some extent.

first what you need to do is use psx2psp (latest version) and make your eboot's. pay attention to the slus file name on the first disc. when making the second disc use the slus file name from disc one in the saved id name for the second disc like this

[​IMG]

after you do that run the put the game on the psp and run it. the psp will create a directory with the main slus id and put all the save info there.

[​IMG]

you need to go to the folder for the first disc in the psp\savedata\ directory and copy either the first .vmp file or both

[​IMG]

from there all you have to do is copy them into the psp\savedata\ of the second disc

[​IMG]

i did this with star ocean 2 and everything worked fine (although i could not load the save because it was a disc one save, the memory card still popped up). it might be more simple than this, you may be able to switch the saves without all the work, i dunno, i haven't tried. i wouldn't think so since the game uses a specific save id, but who knows, hope it helps.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use psx2psp and make sure the GAME ID# and the SAVE ID# is the same for every disc. This way when you go to the other disc's the game save can be loaded.

I actually name the GAME ID# and SAVE ID# the same.

Example: For my FFVII I have the below...

EBOOT FOR DISC1 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 94183
    EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 94183
    EBOOT FOR DISC3 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 94183

For FFVIII I have the below...

EBOOT FOR DISC1 GAME ID# SLUS 00892 SAVE ID# SLUS 00892
    EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SLUS 00892 SAVE ID# SLUS 00892
    EBOOT FOR DISC3 GAME ID# SLUS 00892 SAVE ID# SLUS 00892
    EBOOT FOR DISC4 GAME ID# SLUS 00892 SAVE ID# SLUS 00892

For FFIX I have the below...

EBOOT FOR DISC1 GAME ID# SLUS 01251 SAVE ID# SLUS 01251
    EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SLUS 01251 SAVE ID# SLUS 01251
    EBOOT FOR DISC3 GAME ID# SLUS 01251 SAVE ID# SLUS 01251
    EBOOT FOR DISC4 GAME ID# SLUS 01251 SAVE ID# SLUS 01251

I did this for FF VII, VIII and IX. They all worked flawlessly.

Here is an Example of what not to have...

EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 00892
    EBOOT FOR DISC3 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 01251

Of course this information is only usefull before statring the game.

If you have already played disc 1 and are having issues going to disc 2 then try opening up Disc1 EBOOT with psx2psp and write down what the DISC ID# and SAVE ID# is of the EBOOT file. (Make sure you copy down the letters before the # as well.

Then open up disc 2 in psx2psp and rename the GAME ID# and SAVE ID# the same as disc 1.

Example:

EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 00892

Rename the DISC 2 EBOOT to...

EBOOT FOR DISC2 GAME ID# SCUS 94183 SAVE ID# SCUS 94183

You would just change the SAVE ID# from 00892 to 94183.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  12. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Actually the program I last posted above does the exactly the same thing and a lot faster. I tested a save file from disc 1 and it was there on disc 2 aswell... It patched instantly on click...

Edit: Oh yeah, this way might only work from the get go, but who knows...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  13. goukumori

goukumori Member

i tried this with the latest version of psx2psp but every time i tried to rename the game id scus it would give me an error. it wouldn't work unless it was at the original id.

14. goukumori

goukumori Member

hmm, nvm got it to work. not sure what was going on. what is cool about this is that it also keeps all the settings for the eboot in the savedata like screen size and button config, etc.

15. hermione9

hermione9 Guest

I don't understand,I'm playing Parasite Eve and it tells me to change disc I was on disc 1 how can I go back into the psp and change to the other disc.

16. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

As long as the game you're playing prompts you to save your game before the disc change, all you have to do is use these methods to make both discs have the same save folders, then exit disc 1, boot up disc 2 and load your previous save from there.

17. hermione9

hermione9 Guest

the problem with parasite eve is that,you save it then you have to do some walking and there is a action scene when the scene is over then it tells you to change disc.so with games like this one is it impossable to continue on then

18. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

19. toma19

toma19 Member

Yo how do i get that psx2psp thing to open up
    every time i download it from that link you had up there it opens up in winrar and then i have no clue what to do...i drag it to my desktop and double click it and a bunch of folders and files came up and one said popstation...so i opened it and 4 files were in there and i was like WTF.....so plz help me

20. toma19

toma19 Member

i clicked on ur link and downloaded it again...and when i open up the thing it tells me "componemt 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"....now what?