1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-recorder not handling DVD-RW discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by essexman, May 18, 2003.

1. essexman

essexman Member

Hi Guys, have a new comp: Athlon XP2600 160gig hard drive,DVDmultiwriter Matshita(panasonic) SW9581-RAm drive,running Pinnacle instantCD/DVD .it handles "Datawrite-r 4.7Gb Classic yellow" ok, but if I try "Datawrite DVD-RW 4.7Gb , it gives "format error"after a few seconds.Also tried "Bulqpaq" with no joy.(It can burn any Cd aok).do I have a picky drive, or what DVD-RW medium can you recommend.Fault was due to the media , U.K. "Datawrite" it does not like , but TDK DVD_RW 4.7gB , it loves , so I am out of the woods now, and have sent back the troublesome "Datawrite" disks

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

First off I assume that your drive supports DVD-RW's. I dont think you made coasters if you were trying to burn DVD-rw's and got a error. They are still good because they are Re-Writable's. I also know that my old Philips DVD burner would not work with certain DVD-RW's. But it was a first generation DVD burner and most of the time it was stated on the back of the package in small print that they wouldn't work with my drive.I think I would try another type of DVD-RW and check and see if my drive that came with my system supported it.

Matt

Last edited: May 18, 2003