1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Ring Protection

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Khyron77, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Khyron77

Khyron77 Member

Hey fellas,
    I'm looking into backing up a couple discs that I have. They have a couple of rings separated by huge gaps between the data tracks. Is there a program or a way to back these kinds of discs up? I don't even know what that type of protection is called, so I can't research it too much. If you know of a FAQ or website that has good info let me know. I've tried making an ISO in DVDdecrypter and every effort in NERO, but to no avail. I'm going to try DVDClone and other programs, but I am waiting for more discs to come in the mail. I need to put in that "dead" space between the tracks. Let me know. Thanks

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What are the names of the discs you are talking about?

3. Khyron77

Khyron77 Member

I want to back up a program for my P$2. It's called H[) Ad\/ance. One is cd the other is on a dvd. I'm assuming that the cd one will be easier to do if the dvd one is doable. Do you know what the multi ring/gapped data track protection is called? If you know that, I can do more research on the net.

4. sashime76

sashime76 Member

I think whatever you burned was a coaster. I have burned a couple of those myself while backing up DVDs. It's not some sort of protection as you thought. I always check to make sure the burning is even, no large streaks, spots.

Looks like you will have to rent the game and try to backup again.
    BTW, it was CloneDVD (Elby/Slysoft) that gave me coasters. I now use Nero to do the burning. Backing up a game DVD isn't the same as backing up movie DVD.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  5. Khyron77

Khyron77 Member

no offense, but did you read the postings above? It IS a type of protection because the gaps between the tracks are "pressed" that way because burners can't usually duplicate the dead space in between the discs tracks. Which is why(to my knowlege) PS1&2 discs cant be copied directly.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

To my knowledge, there are no protections on PS1 or PS2 games. They are very easy to backup. The problem is the system itself playing the backups. You can post your questions on the PS2 forums and get some great advise on what to use for you system to play backups. I use nero(cd games) and decrypter(dvd games) to do mine. Good people at those forums, too. Good luck.

7. Khyron77

Khyron77 Member

Yes you can back up PS2 games, but their protection is the fact that you can't duplicate exactly what has been pressed into the disc. This is why modchips are needed.... That's all irrelevant though, I'm not trying to backup a game, as stated above, it's a program on a dvd. If you don't have an answer, there is no need for you to post. Thanks.