1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Theme Loader for 3.40 oe-a?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dukeidude, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

hey guys, just wondering if there was a program that allowed you to have many custom themes and you could change them whenever you wanted. i am running 3.40 oe-a, so any help would be appreciated

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I know of a few, theres a "easy theme flasher", and another one called "PSP-DeFlasher No Limits V5.5" those both allow multiple themes on your psp at once...Theres also CXMB which is a plugin that runs from your memory stick, but that one only allows one theme at a time, however you dont need to mess with your flash0 files for that one..All of which can be found on pspupdates.qj.net

3. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Please Explain how to Put Infinite Themes on my Flash0

I am running 3.40 OE-A...I downloaded the Prog you posted above but no clue how to put it on my Memory Stick Duo to use and please explain the steps on using it because the Readme that came with it sucks...

I am afraid to Brick My PSP So Please any Help not to would Be AWSOME...

I want the Black XMB - Encore 2 Theme with the black Backround and Green design it is so awsome...Plus when I try to run through Flash0 I get an Error Message saying not Enough Space on this Drive...

What to do?? Please HElp...Also My Motherboard is a TA-082

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Which program are you talking about? CXMB? If so, follow the instructions for 2.71SE rather than the instructions for 1.50..I know the readme sucks..Its just a matter of putting the TM and the seplugins folder into your memory stick, and then enabling the cxmb.prx in recovery mode under the "plugins" option

Ahh yes...The black encore theme..Very nice!

The reason you are getting the "disk full" error-is because you first need to free up some space in flash0 before you just put a custom theme in the mix...

So, first boot up your psp in recovery mode-and go to >Advanced>Toggle USB (flash0)
    When the window pops up with the six folders, you want to make a copy of all the folders,(ctrl-A)to highlight them all(ctrl-C)to copy and (ctrl-V) to paste them to a folder on your computer-This is very important that you back up your flash0 folders-so DO NOT skip this step before proceeding (Unless you have already backed up your flash0 of course)

Open up your FONT folder in flash0 and locate this file:ltn9.pgf -Copy/paste one copy to your desktop and rename it to gb3s1518.bwfon-After you do that, take another copy of that ltn9.pgf from the FONT folder, and copy/paste it to the desktop again except this time rename it jpn0.pgf so now you should have two files on your desktop-Highlight the two newly renamed files from your desktop and drag them back over to the FONT folder-click OK to overwrite the files...
    Once you are done with that, you can go back to the root of your flash0 (where you see the six folders) And open the DIC folder-select all of the files in the DIC folder (ctrl-A) and go ahead and delete them all...These are dictionary files-however, they are for Japanese fonts--I dont know about you, but I dont speak or read Japanese, and I do not play Japanese games for that matter, so it is safe to do this- the only drawback is that if you do happen to play a Japanese game-the fonts wont show correctly....But on the plus side, by doing what you just did-you have successfully freed up about 4.5MB of space in your flash0, which is more than enough for adding any custom theme..

5. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=97009

That is where I got the program...Where do I put all the files??? In my PSP Please Respond...

I have no Clue where to put files or how to use that program please help...

I want the Black32 Theme on my PSP...Please Help

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

It looks like you just put the folders from that package in your memory stick and all of your themes and whatnot would be stored in the folder labeled "backup"-I never used that one myself..Although I do have the program on my computer....Have you freed up the space in your flash0 like I instructed in my last post? I would go that route if its just the black32 theme you want...

7. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Well I noticed something when I got rid of the DIC Files all of them...

The Writing on my MHF UMD and ISO...the writing is TINY And it is hard to read as if Nothing is bolded...In English...

these are the files in the Black32 Folder...

01-12.bmp
    impose_plugin.rco
    opening_plugin.rco
    Read me, damn it!.txt
    system_plugin_bg.rco
    system_plugin_fg.rco

those are it...I had to Recover Everything and Reformat my memory stick duo because of messing with the FlashO....

Please Help...And
    topmenu_plugin.rco

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well you could probably get by with leaving the files in the DIC folder then, and you would just put the files from that black32 theme into the vsh/resource folder in flash0-give that a try and see if your font is readable now...

9. sandman42

sandman42 Regular member

Yeah but in Flash I get No Disc Space.

10. dukeidude

dukeidude Regular member

hey thanks! ill go look those up. i hope they make one of those for 3.52 m33 or whatever, cause then i'll upgrade

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

OK-PM (private message)me your email address..I will send you the black 32 theme for your flash0 that is a good working one, so you dont get the "disk full" error...