1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-VCD on DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by xakou, Mar 17, 2003.

1. xakou

xakou Member

Is it possible to put more than one VCD movie on DVD so it will play on a home DVD player?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

yea. its a bit of work though (depending on how you do it).

if you have the vcds, you'll need to extract the video and audio streams from it, and then create a VCD compliant mpg of the video and audio (use tmpgenc to do this). once you have the vcds you want in mpg form, you'll need to author dvd and import those mpg streams.

this is one way, there are other ways out there.
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. ChrissyBo

ChrissyBo Member

4. SNAKE101

SNAKE101 Guest

OK, lol next question ? I took one of my movies and ripped it with smart ripper, then used Merge Deluxe v1.0 to merge my vob files together (note only 2 merged together at a time) I didn't merge all of them together instead i opened tempeg and for video and audio source i set it to all files and grabbed my merged files one at a time and converted them to mpeg2 WITH ACTUAL DVD QUALITY ! (NO LOSS) ......................OK MY QUESTION ARE THERE ANY TOOLS AVAILABLE TO COMPRESS MY FINAL MERGED MOVIE.MPEG ? IT IS STILL ABOUT 4 GIGABYTES. MY GOAL IS TO MAKE ABOUT 5-10 COMPRESSED MPEGS AND MAKE A MENU AND BURN IT TO DVD+R USING AHEAD NERO ! ANYONE WHO CAN HELP , IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ! I AM ALSO WILLING TO SHARE ANY AQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF DVD BURNING ! SO FAR TEMPEG IS THE BEST VOB TO MPEG2 CONVERSION TOOL I HAVE FOUND !

5. JJS

JJS Member

I'm working on a similar project to xakou in that I have about 10 VCD mpegs that I need to burn to a DVD. I've already tried (S)VCD2DVD and about half of the mpegs have sound that gets out of sync as the show progresses. However others are just fine.

My question is, is there a way to fix this? I've tried TMPGEnc with its built in converter, with SSRC, with toolame, and various combinations of the above but I get the same result every time. I've also tried one of the guides over at dvdrhelp.com to no avail. There must be a way, I dont mind re-encoding the audio at a loss of quality if need be, but I need a general process of how to go about it...

What I DO know however, is its the 44khz to 48khz sample rate conversion that's causing problems. Whenever I reencode the mp2 audio, I end up with a file that is the identical size the the original which I don't think is quite right.

Thanks for the help