1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MultiDisc wii games???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Stinky_1, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Ok, am I the only one who reads the line about mod chip features:

"Booting of multidisc wii and gc games"

And wonders about a multi disc wii DVD?

There is NO WAY that these games are 4 gb! SO is there some program out there that is able to strip the dummy files out of the iso image, then merge 2 or 3 or 4 games in to one iso. Then make a new dummy file to pad the image and bring the size up to the needed 4.37gb???

Or am I just missing something? SO far everything I have found explains about how to make multi boot GC games. So lets start doing it for wii games! I would LOVE to get my wii sports, wario ware, wii play on to one disk. Then I wouldnt have to let the kids touch the wii at all. They could just turn it on, select the game they want and go.

Or is it not possible yet because nobody is running wii code on the wii yet, so there is no way to get into wii mode to run the games once your on the bootloader screen in GC mode???

Any help here guys would be great!

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

No.

What it is saying is that when games become too big to fit on 1 dvd (for example, tales of symphonia for the gc) it will be able to support games with multiple dvds, for instance that halfway through you have to change from disc 1 to disc 2, that it will allow for it.

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

ah, that makes a bit more sense.

I must have got thrown off because I was finding tutorials for making multigame GC disks on a DVD. So I figured there should be a way to do multi game wii disks as well.

Oh well. I am sure once someone figures out how to get wii homebrew running the next step will be to do what I showed above.

Unless we skip that and go straight to a HD loader and run our images off a usb hdd. I loved doing that with my PS2. I dont like the kids getting their hands all over the original wii games. So for now, I guess Ill just keep them using backups.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Stinky_1

You are correct when thinking this means you can boot up a Game Cube disc that have multiple games on it. This also includes making a multi-disc Emulator so you can have more then 1 emulator on the disc to choose from.

The reason you can not do this for the Wii is because Modders have not yet been able to hack the Wii firmware to run this type of homebrew on the system.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

maybe you should create backups of those discs just for the kids - price of 3 dvds is approx 50p :)

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

for now thats all I will be doing. Just having them use backups while the originals are stored FAR away from where they can get a hold of them.

I bought a wiikey and while I was waiting for it to arrive I started looking at wiifree. I built myself a pic programmer yesterday, and now am just waiting for my blank chips to show up.

Ill prolly just sell the wiikey, since the wiifree does all that stuff anyway. Ill be doing the external mounting mod. So I can always update it easy enough.

7. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

sounds like ur pretty clued up

i like the idea of the external port where u just plug whichever chip in at the time

too late now tho lol