1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mUltimately I am trying to convert a file to Xvid, BUT I am having a rip-from-DVD problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by daimyo, Oct 22, 2004.

1. daimyo

daimyo Member

What I would like to do is get an individual episode from a dvd-r, using dvdshrink, and convert it to Xvid, BUT when I isolate the ep. and transfer it to my HD and try to put it into AutoGK it gives me a message saying that it won't accept it, and to use DVDdecrypter with the IFO mode. Now, problem being if I do that, then I can't edit it down with SHRINK or any other DVD program I currently have, because they won't open IN IFO. It seems kind of silly to me to convert the whole darn DVD and THEN edit the Xvid in VdubMod...Is there a way around this? Or am I totally arsebackwards here.
    And if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry, PLZ move it.

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Use DVDdecrypter with the IFO mode.
    You can select only the program chain(s) you wish, right down to the individual chapters, and even demux just the specific audio track you require.
    Huh? If you're making an AVI with AutoGK, DVDShrink is not involved.
    You decrypt only the DVD episode you require, and then you can run either AutoGK (to make an AVI) or DVDShrink (to make a DVD) from there.
    Yes it does, and it is! :)
    You just need to learn DVDDecrypter more.
    L8R