1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Audio Streams

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by tmternes, Feb 5, 2005.

1. tmternes

tmternes Member

HELP! I am new to this, so I apologize if I seem dumb. I am simply trying to make a compilation DVD of all my favority video clips from various movies. The audio will be either DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1. I am told I have to create a different VTS in the project for each different audio stream. I do this, but only one of the audio streams works. I must say, the instructions for this program needs some serious work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

What program?
    Did you look under "Help"?

3. tmternes

tmternes Member

Sorry,
    I was thinking this was the DVD-Lab Pro forum. Anyhow,I am talking about the DVD-Lab Pro product.

Trevor

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Click on HELP. The whole manual is included.
    What instructions did you expect to get?
    This is a professional application, and as such, assumes the user has some proficiency in creating dvd menus etc.
    If you have a specific issue, some details would help.
    Have you checked the forums for DVDLab?
    http://www.mmbforums.com/

5. tmternes

tmternes Member

Thanks for taking interest rebootjim but you are giving me the same answer that Oscar from DVD-Lab Pro is giving me and quite frankly, that is the problem! You guys keep mentioning this program as a Professional application and in such requires some proficiency to create projects etc. What this program requires is a better help area so that someone like me can grasp the concept and start enjoying it. And for DVD-Lab Pro's interest in making me understand, they get paid by me buying the damn program!!! All the "experts" out there talk like what I want to do is so simple but yet NOBODY has even been able to guide me. Funny, isn't it? I automate people's houses for a living using several different "Professional" applications. Where the programs I use differ, is that there is actual technical assistance.

You asked me for details, well here they are: Like I originally stated, what I am trying to do is create a compilation DVD of all my favority video clips from movies. I have 20 video clips that I want to import into my project. 14 of them are using the Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio Stream. The other 6 are using the DTS 5.1 Audio Stream. I have been told from Oscar at DVD-Lab Pro that the only way this can be achieved is by creating 2 VTS's in the project, one for the DD 5.1 clips, and the other for the DTS 5.1 clips. He says that is the only way this can be done. That's all he says. Well, if that's all there is to it, then why doesn't if work? I grasp the concept of how to create this DVD. I've created a VMG Menu, I've created 2 VTS's, I've compiled the DVD, I've burned the DVD using Copy DVD from DVD-Lab Pro, it copied successfully, I put it in the DVD Player, everything works just like I programmed it to, BUT, I only get 1 frickin' sound stream, DD 5.1. Where the hell is the DTS 5.1 stream and why is it not playing. That's the issue, nothing more, nothing less!!! If you can find this in the HELP menu, then you are a better man than me. And yes, I have checked the forums for DVD Lab out.

Rebootjim, I apologize if I am coming off as mad and frustrated, but the reality is, I've been pissing around with this crap for 3 days now and all I get in terms of help are people telling me you must have this and you must have that, when, in reality, what I need, is someone to actually guide me into the right direction. I don't know how much more precise I can get in explaining my issue.

Thanks for listening,
    Trevor

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I understand your frustration. DLP is not an easy program to grasp, neither are the complexities of creating a DVD to DVD SPEC.
    If you have the DTS audio as track 1 in your compilation, and the project compiles properly, I would check the burn on several players. It is entirely possible yours does not do DTS. I have seen this many times. Maybe that's not much help, but it's a place to start.
    Have you checked the burns on a software player on your computer? Does the DTS play as it should?