1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple avi files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hursty, Apr 25, 2005.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

i have multiple [bold]bin files (3)[/bold]
    which i have extracted with [bold]iso buster[/bold],giving me [bold]3 avi files[/bold],
    the only thing that would accept them was [bold]nero vision express.[/bold]
    so i loaded them on,and the third set of files took the size over into dvd-9 category,so i used the option that nero has of using [bold]long play[/bold],but this seem to take the overall size down to around 3gb,seems a bit of a waste??? of 1.7 gb,is there anyway around this??

also when loading the files on,it create 3 chapters,which i kept
    once i checked the film when it was totally converted and burnt,
    the section where the 3 files were joined is not exactly smooth,it freezes the starts again

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

hey hursty - you could dvd shrink it to fit after? also is it odd that bin files hold avi? umm?

so divxtodvd no go?

what about avi2dvd?

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Hursty,
    At the NVE 'Content' screen where you 'add video files' there's a box 'More' at left bottom. Click there to reveal 'video options', then 'dvd video'. Then at 'quality setting', click 'custom'. Now by changing the bit rate and watching what that does to the status bar showing 'used space', you can fine tune the burn size to fill the disc to maximize on quality.