1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple avi's onto 1 DVD using AVI2DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hego, Apr 27, 2005.

1. hego

hego Guest

Hey by using AVI2DVD can i put multiple AVI's or MPEG's an to 1 DVD, and maybe some way put a simple menu an it? Thanks

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

I haven't used AVI2DVD but I found a very easy method to put multiple AVI files on a DVD using VSO DivxToDVD and DVD Shrink. DivxToDVD is
    freeware with the restriction that it only converts one AVI to a DVD
    but it outputs a VIDEO_TS folder and the bitrate used doesn't take up all the space on the DVD so you can just do each AVI file one at a time and then use DVD Shrink ReAuthor to create a single DVD image for burning. Here's the link for DivxToDVD:

http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

btw it doesn't just convert divx. I've used it with mpeg1(vcd) files also. It's an easy way to put multiple vcd files on a dvd with increased bitrate. Looks better than just copying the mpg files to a data dvd(usually at least) :)

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok guys here is some thing for both of you! divxtodvd can load mutiple files of mpeg or avi in one go! yup load say 3 avi's at once and it will out put to one folder, it jions the film as it converts! you dont ahve to do 3 avi separatly!

with divxtodvd the file names dont matter load 2 or 3 at same time!

also avi2dvd can take mutiple files of avi/ogm/mkv only to dvd or go main movie only dvd to dvd, it has 4 built in encoders and you can use a 5th if you have CCE, sort of a cce/re-builder type app.

load multiple avi etc like this with avi2dvd

C:\avifolder\movie CD1.avi
    C:\avifolder\movie CD2.avi
    C:\avifolder\movie CD3.avi
    C:\avifolder\movie CD4.avi

you need the gap between the word movie and CD1 and keep the link to the file small dont use a link like this!

C:\$$£^&^^%&___- rfgf7676||||||||\avifolder\movie.avi

but no menus! tmpgenc can make basic menus, but there are better menu apps out there nero is a basic menu maker, i think DVDfab is a menu maker but dont quote on this!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  4. hego

hego Guest

Yeah that worked perfect, nice one thanks....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  5. joshi01

joshi01 Member

How do I load multiple avi files using AVI2DVD. When I click on the open folder, do I hold down the shift key (which doesn't work) to load multiple files. Please HELP!

Thanks

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

load multiple avi etc like this with avi2dvd

(the names of images is VERY IMPORTANT! movie CD1.avi)

C:\avifolder\movie CD1.avi <----load this one the app knows the rest is there!
    C:\avifolder\movie CD2.avi
    C:\avifolder\movie CD3.avi
    C:\avifolder\movie CD4.avi