1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Camera Angles

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bassaiman, Mar 18, 2004.

1. bassaiman

bassaiman Member

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong area. I have recently upgraded my PC and I am having loads of fun and success authoring home videos to DVD-R from my DV camera and PINNACLE 8.

What I want to know is does anyone know if you can author a DVD with multiple camera angles? I intend on filming an instructional sporting video, and I thought it would be cool to do this with two DV cameras at the same time. After authoring it I want the audience to be able to flick from angle to angle on the fly, so they can get a more 3D view of what's going on, and will also look quite proffesional. Can this be done, and what software is required?

Regards,

Bassai Man

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi there Bassai Man,

What you intend to do is a rather complex operation, but it can be done. The only two authoring software with multiangle support I know of are Sonic Scenarist and DVDMaestro. On this page are some guides on how to do it (look under "Professional level guides - multiple audio tracks, subtitles, animated menus, multiangles, etc.")

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdauthoring.htm

Hope you find what you need! Have fun!