1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple cd-rw in Nero not finishing

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Vix, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Vix

Vix Guest

Hi,

Whilst using nero I am having a problem whereby whilst it is recording on 2 drives (both the same with the same firmware) one finishes but the other doesn't - the burning light stays on and you have to reboot the machine. I've tried everything from having both on different ide's to re-installing the software. Any help would be appreciated.

Vix

2. Yeme3

Yeme3 Guest

Make sure that both CDRW-drives work fine when used individually. It is possible that one CDRW-drive is not working properly, say bad writing or even bad reading. The CDRW-drive writes and then confirms. And, if it can not confirm, it endlessly tries to do so --- so, one usually gets the hang-up that requires the reboot.

Maxtor reps relative to their hard drives prefer that each hard drive be placed as master, rather than as master and slave on one line. Perhaps the two CDRW's can not be on one ribbon cable in your system

3. meandher

meandher Member

i am having the same problem, i have the drive on separate ide buses.

one was a maste ron one and slave on the other bus, but now they are both slave and still crashing.

version 5.5.9.6 and version 5.5.9.0 do the same thing.

drives work fine independently.