1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple chapters on a DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Chalkie20, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Chalkie20

Chalkie20 Member

Hey all.
    Simple question. Anyone know how to burn multiple VIDEO_TS files onto one DVD? I converted some AVI's into DVD files with WinAVI and now I need to know how to be able to play them all on one disc.
    Nero only lets me put one on the disc and DVD Shrink can't seem to be able to read the files (unless I'm doing it the wrong way?).

I tried searching through the messages here but couldn't find a clear answer.

Help?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If DVD Shrink can't open them then there may be something wrong with them to begin with. What happens when you try to open them with Shrink?

If Shrink can't open them then you may have a hard time getting any program to open them. A little trick I do is to try and use Nero to burn each folder to a hard drive location. The point of this is that Nero will correct any non-compliant files and then you should be able to load them into Shrink.

3. Chalkie20

Chalkie20 Member

When I open Shrink and then hit 'Open Files' and then select the VIDEO_TS folder I get an 'Invalid DVD navigation structure' error. If I select the folder above (to include the AUDIO_TS folder I get the same thing.
    Any ideas what causes this?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

WinDVD's output was not correct. When you open the VIDEO_TS folder you should see a list of files. Can you post them?

5. Chalkie20

Chalkie20 Member

These are the files it generates....

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB

...into a dvd 0/VIDEO_TS folder it creates.

6. trock0002

trock0002 Member

What I usually do is author all the AVIs with Nero so they are DVD compliant then burn them with NEro too.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Do you have Nero? If you do, you can take this file: VTS_01_1.VOB, load it into NeroVision Express and it will create the correct nav structure.

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Ifoedit works pretty well too. Open Ifoedit, select Create IFOs.

Before I do that I take the .vob in question and put it by itself in a VIDEO_TS folder and just point Ifoedit at it and check "Same as Source" for the destination.

When you open the folder again, all the required files are now there with the .vob and the movie will open in Shrink.