1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple computer problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by marx816, Feb 8, 2007.

1. marx816

marx816 Member

im trying to figure out which (of all theese problems im about to mention) is the real cause of my computer crashing so much.
    [​IMG]

in this picture under "Computer" is it soppose to say 3.20 GHZ two times in a row? i ask this because i was having problems in bios, (all of the sudden the problem is gone) but it was saying something as fallows( i cant remember if its (CPU:,CPU1:) or (CPU1:,CPU2:)

CPU:Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 GHZ
    CPU1:Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 GHZ

altho i cant remember if it said 'Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 GHZ' or the name of my motherboard.

[​IMG]

you can see some more problems in this picture, again could any of theese be the cause for my computer crashing so much, sometimes on start?

also on bios screen when i start up get,
    "HARDWARE MONITOR FOUND AN ERROR. ENTER POWER SETUP MENU FOR DETAILS."
    and when i enter in the i check the power settings and one of the volts goes red (sometimes) and only by a little bit.

another error in bios i get is
    'Floppy disk fail (40)"
    maybe thats because my floppy drive is disconnected, but that wouldnt be y my comp is crashing is it?

should i re-install my bios? or should i reinstall my motherboard? or should i re-format my windows?

Afterdawn and the community have always been nice to me, and im hoping someone can help me this time too.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. marx816

marx816 Member

images put up and re-corrected, again should i re-install bios... or ... any help appreciated.

3. elokito

elokito Regular member

look first yes it should say 3.20ghz 2 times one is sayin that the proc is a pentium 4 3.20ghz and on the 2nd says the speed of how it currently is going so its going at 3.20ghz so thats ok

next first u havent installed the pc drivers (well most of them) the video card,the usb drivers, and the bios driver i would reccomend u 2 try windows update and see if it would point u the drivers 2 download if not u gotta search them up but first we need the make/model of the pc