1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple DivX Movies to a single DVD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by mapson, Jan 9, 2004.

1. mapson

mapson Member

Is it possible to burn 3 different DivX movies to DVDR?

Each movie is 90 minutes long, yet I try and add the 3 movies in Roxio DVD Builder, but then when I try to burn it's whinges about exceeding the DVD size.

Now that's obvious, but I only want it to create an ISO image of this 10-11GB theoretical DVD.
    As I was going to use DVD shrink with the large DVD image to get it down to DVD size. But it doesn't even try! I doesn't burn the image if you create it, so what's the prob?

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I think ur trying to do too much at once and a bunch of incompatible thingys.

1. You CAN put 3 movies onto 1 DVD. Heck you can even put 6 movies onto a BUT that has to be a DataDVD

2. DVD shrink dont work too well for DataDVDs

3. When you are adding those 90 minute DVDs and it complains about being too long, that isnt a DataDVD but rather a VideoDVD (for which DVDShrink should work).

3. mosspa

mosspa Member

Drop the Roxio and get Nero. Most of your troubles will go away. Ever since CD Creator became Roxio, the program has been shit. Nero may not be the best possible program but it is a hell of a lot better then the roxio product.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you want these 3 Movies on a single DVD and have them Play on your DVD player then it is Possible but you will have to encode the Files yourself....If you encode these 3 90minute Movies to Mpeg2 at 352+240/288-pal resolution with a Video Bitrate of 2250kbs and a Mpeg1 layer 2 Audio Bitrate of 224 at 48000hz then you coulc author all 3 Movies to a single DVD with fair Quality ,Between VCD and SVCD Quality as Long as your DivX files are of High enough Quality.....Cheers