1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Divx movies to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sonicaze, Nov 1, 2004.

1. sonicaze

sonicaze Guest

Hi everyone

I would just like to ask you if you have found any possible way to convert DIVX movies to mpeg and write them in a single DVD so that they can play in a dvd player.

Thank you

2. nixit

nixit Guest

to do so u need to make mpeg files with cucosoft video converter. after uve done that u can make IFO files with Ifoedit096. then u will also have the VOB files so u'll only have to burn everything to a dvd. that should it i think!

3. antons

antons Member

I'm Using philips 720SA .. it plays Divx Xvid .. you can put 5 divx movies on a single DVD, and select wich one to play.

This works great. If yu re-encode the movie, it will loose sharpness and won't look as good on TV. Trust me, I've tried it. It ain't worth spending hours encoding for.. (6 hours encoding one movie!!)

4. sonicaze

sonicaze Guest

thanks, i think you are right antons. I guess it worths buying a divx player instead of converting to mpeg. However another issue arrises that is, will divx player support the latest codecs?

5. sagara

sagara Member

i have a great converter for avi files, it works with divx files too. it's called TMPGEnc you can get it at www.tmpgenc.net it has a lot of diffrent settings for the files. on mine, i had to set teh resolution funny becuase of the video, so do short tests to see if it's right. and run it on mpeg 1 at 20000kb/s (the highest) to make sure that it's right. roxio dvd builder didn't like any files with a bitrate lower than 20000kb/s. anyways, so far, i've had no problems. also as for codecs, use the nimo433 (i think) audio codec, and get the latest version of divx(v 5.xx) you don't need the pro version, just get the new one for the video codec

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  6. regor

regor Regular member

Hi there sonicaze - I guess the question would be what exactly are you trying to achieve? A quick and easy way to convert? a more technically challenging (more control) way to convert?

If it's quick and easy, and if you are going to convert a lot of divx to dvd, you might consider dvdsanta. It is less than $30 USD and is a simple convert and burn - all in one. Works well. I converted Swordfish from divx and it came out perfect for the non-critical eye.

If you want a bit more challenge and control over the output, take sagara's lead and get the trial version of tmpgenc - they have an express version as well. It is relatively flexible and allows for some good output; you would then need to burn via some other means like dvd decryptor or a purchaced program like nero or roxio.

No way you are going to get 5 divx on any DVD unless you just want the titles :)

Hope this input is helpful. R

7. antons

antons Member

Major Brands to allow fw updates. So yes, You should be able to upgrade your player. I've not done this on my 720SA player - because it has played every file I've thrown @ it with much better results than hooking up my super fast computer to my TV.

No hesitasion and no audio/video problems. Fast forward pause and rewind.. just like normal DVD. Why spend hours of time encoding - when you can watch it directly instead?

Encoding will ALWAYS introduce quality loss.

8. sagara

sagara Member

ya, i think from now on, i'm just gonna get a video cable and audio adapter to run the comp to the tv. much faster and easier