1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple DVD+R backups unplayable (used DVD Shrink)...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by UnrulyJ, Aug 11, 2004.

1. UnrulyJ

UnrulyJ Member

I've never had a problem burning DVD+Rs that play in one of my three standalone players (Panasonic, JVC, and Samsung, all less than a year old), but when I tried DVD Shrink to back of two different DVDs, it went through the entire decrypting and burning process seemingly with no errors, although it did eject the disc and told me that the unfinished DVD had been ejected (though I hadn't asked it to eject).

Both copies of both DVDs, when placed into all three of my players, were unrecognizable.

The files are all there on the DVD and it plays on my PC, so my guess is that Shrink isn't closing/finalising the disc.

What do you think, experts... is DVD Shrink not closing the disc when it's finished? Why would it automatically eject the disc before doing so?

What other relevant info do you need? I have both Nero and Roxio installed and have no problems with either. I use Platinum DVD+R and have never had playback issues with them. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Julia

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

DVD Shrink does not burn disc's and so it has no control over finalizing disc's. DVD Shrink allows automatic burning with programs such as DVD Decrypter, Nero or CopyToDVD. They control the burning of disc's.

If you don't have a problem then why are you having a problem? Many people claim that Roxio conflicts with other burning programs like Nero. Most people on this forum prefer Nero and remove Roxio. Nero can do every thing that Roxio can.

Other than that we would need an exact error message or log to know what is going wrong. I could be a media issue because they can be bad toward the outer edge and may not finalize. Did you use Deep Analysis to make sure the DVD Target Size was met? If not then you may have to reduce the DVD Target size to make up for miscalculation caused by not using Deep Analysis. Even then the default size may be to large for some disc's

Many people reduce the DVD Target Size to as low as 4300MB to make sure that they are not burning to the outer edge of the disc.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  3. UnrulyJ

UnrulyJ Member

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I have never had problems running either Nero or Roxio as stand-alone apps before this. This is the first problem I've encountered with burning any type of DVD+R.

I get no error message whatsoever on the computer -- it appears that the back-up completed with no problems. It's only when I insert it into a DVD player that I get whatever that player's "unreadable disk" error is. If I had an error ID or log, I probably could have identified the problem myself.

Anyone have any clue as to what's going on here? or maybe I should disable DVDShrink's automatically calling up Nero and burning the DVD (if I can figure out how to do that), and burn it manually so that I have full control over the burn process....