1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple dvd recorder for an image

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by g_chubby, Jan 24, 2005.

1. g_chubby

g_chubby Member

any of you guys know software who can emulate multiple dvd-rw drives to copy at the same time (looks like duplicator)? I tried alcohol 120% but it just basically burn one by one. Thanks guys.

2. steve11

steve11 Member

i have 2 nec 3520 writers and have had no problem in using alcohol 120% to write one image to two dvds at the same time, what settings are you using?

3. g_chubby

g_chubby Member

i used alcohol 120% but it writes 'one of a time'. I mean, it burns 2 dvds, but it burn the D: drive first, then the E: drive. I checked the multiple dvd recorder burning, im just wondering is that all? can u copy like the exact time so it safes time??

4. steve11

steve11 Member

im not sure what you mean, on alcohol i select image burning wizard, then on the next screen i make sure the "using multiple cd/dvd recorders box is checked, then the next screen i ticked the boxes for my "D" and "E" dvd writers and thats it, it starts burning both disks. both my writers are on the same IDE cable, and my alcohol 120% is version 1.9.2

- what setup are you using, and when you say -
    it burns D: then E: does it finish D: then start the disk in E:?

5. g_chubby

g_chubby Member

yes, i can write using multiple dvd recorder using alcohol 120%, but the way alcohol 120% works is that they focus only to one recorder each time, by the time one recorder has finished burning, it switch to another recorder and start burning, without us clicking 'burn' again. I wanna know if there is a software that could simultenously burn dvd using multiple burning capability "at the same time". I dunno if IDE interface can do that, if you guys know?

6. andersbk

andersbk Member

i have the same problem, want to write to multiple dvd-r drives at the same time

7. flx2000

flx2000 Member

nero in classic mode has that feature.
    not sure if burns 2 at a time or one behind the next
    but give it a try.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My alcohol can make my 3 108s burn at the SAME time. I do not have to wait as you do. Have you the same burners & firmware in your PC, as recommended by alcohol?
    My Nero can do the same. I have used the multiple burner technique with both nero & alcohol.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

double post

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  10. andersbk

andersbk Member

So will it be possible to use as much as 6 burners at the same time, if i get 6 of the same brand?

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I guess so, I can use all 3 of my 108s. I am limited, as my case only has 4 slots for 5.25" drives. My other drive is a plextor ROM. I am not aware of any limitations of drives that you can use.
    Again, alcohol recommends the same drives & firmware. That would be wise advice if you use nero. Your motherboard should be able to handle that many drives. Most have 2 IDE slots, each supporting 2 drives. I have an IDE card, which will support 2 IDE leads, AKA another 4 drives in tow! You also have to consider the length of your IDE leads. You need to get the longer ones - .9m, not .45m -, so that you do not struggle with connectivity!

Regards,
    Pulsar

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005