1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple dvds and content onto one dvd-r?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by antonioNH, Feb 25, 2005.

1. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

hi...im new to the forum, i hope this hasnt been covered 238932 times. anyhow, i am into boxing and i have several fights on dvd. some fights take up about 1/10 of a dvd while some take up half. i was wondering if there was anyway to take one that takes up a tenth of a dvd, one that takes up half...and combine them onto one dvd? i have tried to do this with dvd shrink to backup the files...each disc has video1.vob or whatever...so i then had to change the video1.vob to video2.vob and add them both to nero. this didnt work, i thought i had a genious plan going too...im a tool.
    does anyone know anyway possible i can fit multiple content from more than one dvd onto ONE DVD-R? what software? thank you ahead of time
    antonio

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

bit lost but i will babble on and see if it helps?

so are each of these films in there own folder? also dvd shrink will add as many as you can get in! along as the dvd structure is ok? DONT RENAME ANYTHING, if 4 vobs are added it knows! and works it out for for, you just use re-author mode and drag from the right window to the left! (find each folder/film inturn)when done hit backup aslong as compression is ok?

now this will say have 4/5 films of yours on! but! they will play one after the other! is this ok with you?

now like i said if dvd structure is good you can also add these films to TMPGEnc DVD Author, which will make chapter pionts as you go through the wizard and a menu! (use own pictures (each boxer?) and own writing) for each chapter link in the menu, so you can skip say first 3 fights and go to 4 = nice!

do you have ifo/bup/vob inside each folder?

if your dvd film are dvd compliant dvd shrink will load them ok!

let us know how it goes!

go here for an easy animated guide (your love this)...

http://dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. DanGuy104

DanGuy104 Guest

4. sunup

sunup Regular member

OK. Here it goes. I have done about 10 of these. Puting 2 movies on one dvd. 1) open up first movie in shrink. reauther it. drag what you want to the left. It will reauther it. Close out shrink and save it. Do that same process to 2nd movie. The second movie must be named differently. I save my second movie in documents and settings. Open up shrink and and open up files. there you will find all of your folders. select first movie and hit ok. Do the same to second movie. You should have both movies in shrink now. Before you back up you can view all that is going to be backed up. Man I really hope this helps It took me a log time to figure this out. good luck. Please let me know if this works . If not there are a couple of other comboes.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

6. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

right on...! you have no idea how much you have helped. i have been searching FOREVER how to dothis. thank you so much!

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you do have tmpgenc dvd author dont you? and NOT! tmpgenc plus?

load your vob set with ADD DVD VIDEO tab then go to menus...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  8. sunup

sunup Regular member

AntonioNH, Are you having any luck? and if so what is it that worked?

9. dimad

dimad Regular member

10. sunup

sunup Regular member

dimad, Its the only application that does what? because the answer that I gave above has been working for me.

11. dimad

dimad Regular member

The only application that merge 2+ full DVDs preserving their original menus and navigation

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

dimad (Junior Member) 28. February 2005 @ 03:31
    The only application that merge 2+ full DVDs preserving their original menus and navigation

------------------

so how does that work? which menu comes up first? it seems they will both try and load there own menu on play?

or does it put in its own menu so you can click to either one from it made menu?

confused????

13. dimad

dimad Regular member

DvdReMake Pro will add a start up menu where you select what disk to play. After that disk is played as if it is the only one on the DVD. Selecting "Title menu" on the remote will bring up the start up menu.

It is also possible to replace the "default" menu with your own. It is quite simple, but not a "one-click" procedure: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_customize_menu.php

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

does it output to dvd5 and dvd9 size? dvd9 i can see me useing this app!!!!!

15. dimad

dimad Regular member

DvdReMake does not touch the size of the disk(s) it work with, no reencoding/transcoding, just raw quality. :)

If exported by DvdReMake disk is large then the target DVD size - you will need to fit it with whatever tool you like (DVDShrink, etc).