1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple dvds-one disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by siccamaro, Dec 16, 2004.

1. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

hello all,
    i have 5 charlie brown cartoon dvds. each dvd is only 25-45 minutes long. i want to back all of these cartoons up, but only onto one dvd+r, instead of wasting several for such short episodes. is this possible?? if so, could somebody please tell me how to do it, using shrink and decrypter??
    thanks in advance,
    heidi

2. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

can anyone please help me??
    heidi

3. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

Just using Shrink and Decrypter, this is how I would do it:

Use shrink to read first cartoon (let's call it cartoon1) by clicking "open disk" toolbar button, reauthor by clicking "reauthor" toolbar button, drag main movie title to left pane, then click "backup" toolbar button and "write as an ISO file" to write to hard drive (I'd use name cartoon1.iso) instead of burning to a DVD.

Repeat above steps for other 4 cartoons. You should end up with 5 separate iso files on the hard drive (Cartoon1.iso, cartoon2.iso, et.)

Next use shrink to read the first iso file (cartoon1.iso) using the toolbar "iso image" button, then click the "reauthor" toolbar button and finally drag title 1 to left pane. Use the "read iso image" steps again and open the second iso image file (cartoon2.iso), reauthor and drag the next title 1 to the left pane - it now gets renamed title 1(2). Repeat these steps for the remaining 3 iso files. You should end up with 5 titles in left pane, named title 1 through title 1(4). These are your 5 cartoons ready to be burned on 1 DVD.

The next step though is to click the "analysis" button in toolbar to do a deep analysis for a better final copy. When deep analysis is done, then click "backup" in the toolbar and use the "create iso image and burn with decrypter" option.

So, theend product is 5 titles, numbered 1 through 5, on your burned DVD representing each of the 5 cartoons. There's no menu, so the cartoons will play sequentially. You can move around the DVD using your DVD player controls - that is to access certain titles (specific cartoons) if you wish.

Hope this sort of makes sense and does help some.

4. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

wow, thank you kindly for the in-depth walkthrough. i understood everything you said and it makes sense. i will let you know how it goes!! thanks again!!
    heidi