1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Images On One Disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thecritic, Mar 8, 2005.

1. thecritic

thecritic Member

Is there a way to burn multiple cd/dvd images on one dvd?

I got a image that's 2gigs and another that 1.5gigs. I don't want to waste more than half the disk for one image.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

There are; and their is, and folk in here are more than helpful, but to solve yer problem ... more info is required.

regards gringle

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What kind of files do you have (mpegs? avi? image files?).

4. thecritic

thecritic Member

i thought you guys would know what file type it is when i said "cd/dvd images." ( ok, it's not a good time to be a smart@ss... ( o`.'o:) sorry!)

it's two disk image file type. both ISOs. although if a given method works, it could be used on any disk image type, may that be mdk, img, and/or etc.

i don't know what anymore info i can give. maybe my credit number and social? j/k!

much obliged for your time.

5. thecritic

thecritic Member

whoops.. double post...

but while i'm editting this, i just want to include that i don't want to save the images as data, but as the disk, kind of like 2 disks in 1.

i thought about mounting the images up and drag all files in each own folder and then make a custom autorun file, but it just seem like a hassel. Dragging 2gigs+ take forever!!!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What everyone is trying to find out from you is what kind of files are in the image? It wont do you any good to just burn the two images on a disk if they arent DVD compliant images will it? Your goal is to be able to watch these on a DVD player is it not?

7. thecritic

thecritic Member

just to be more exact, let's say i have 4 cd images and 2 dvd images and i want to record them on 1 dvd disk, what should i do?

Let one CD image = SOME MOVIE DISK 1
    LET another CD image = SOME MOVIE DISK 2
    LET another CD image = some software disk
    LET another CD image = some music disk
    LET one DVD image = DVD MOVIE
    LET another DVD image = SOME other DVD movie.
    Let one empty DVD disk size = total size of all images combined with a little more than 1 gig to spare.

Now, with all that defined, what would I need to do to record multiple images on one disk? (ORIGINAL QUESTION)

according to the orginal question i asked, it would not really matter what files are in the images, would it?

I hope for a solution that does not require me to MOUNT each disk and drag all files from each image to a particular folder.

p.s. i'm only trying to record 2 iso images on 1 regular DVD+R disk, as mentioned in first post.
    p.p.s. humor me by thinking the empty dvd disk is somehow magical enough to store all that!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ohhh I see now so you just want to make them basically data disk's... I know of a way you can combine images in DOS....

This will be much easier if you first put all the images you would like to combine right on your C:\ drive.

Click on the windows start button and click run
    type cmd and hit enter

The MS-DOS screen will appear

type cd c:\

that will bring you to

C:\>

at this point type

copy /b imagename.iso + imagename2.iso + imagename3.iso anynameyouwant.iso

please note type the actual image names in place of imagename1, imagename2 etc.. The last name can be what ever you want the image to be called.

hit enter

at this point you should see

XXXX.iso

after a few minutes

XXXX.iso
    XXXX.iso

then after a few more

XXX.iso
    XXX.iso
    XXX.iso

then it will say after completion

1 file copied

NOTE: the XXXX's will be your file names. You can do this with any files just replace the .iso with the correct file extension...

Good luck :) It is actually pretty easy once you do it!!