1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple ip's on static connection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by 11jstedm, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 11jstedm

11jstedm Member

Ok, I use this "paid-for-your-bandwith-and-cpu-cycles" thing called gomez peer. Said service enables me to make money whenever im online. My room mate (i go to O.U.) also wants to use said service. This is the problem though, we have one cable modem in our dorm whitch is connected to a router. we both connect to this router. Im afraid if he joins that I will get banned for multiple accounts and what not. This is a passage from their terms of service:

" Gomez PEERs are limited to one unique PEER account. A unique PEER account is defined as the application information from one individual that has one username and one e-mail address. Gomez PEERs may have multiple Systems running the Software, but all such Systems must be identified with and registered under the same PEER account (username and e-mail address). If duplication of accounts is detected, Gomez reserves the right to cancel payment and/or deactivate all of the accounts involved in the duplication."

I dont think It would be violating the terms because we are unique peers but we share internet. Do you think I should email the admin or what? but if I do that he'll think somethings fishy and like ban me or some shit. I was thinking of like a proxy type thing or something. can someone help me, I NEED HELP!?!?!!?!?!?

2. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

1 dollar a month and u gotta hav ur pc on 20 hours a day, seems like a waste of bandwith 2 me

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum