1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple movies on one dvd.. reauthoring while keeping chapters also

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by seamonkey, Feb 19, 2003.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

Hello everyone.

I got a question/challenge for all you dvd gurus, i've started to work on it, but would like other ideas or methods to do what i want to do:

I want to put multiple movies on one dvd-r (these movies are going to be small, so no re-encoding). I assume we will need to create a very basic menu to choose between the movies, also I want to keep all of the chapter points in each movie. I've done a similar type thing with xbox backups, i put jedi knights and splinter cell on one dvd (not a bad mix, eh?). but now its time to try it with movies, i have a bunch of animes i want to drop onto one dvd (blue submarine 6, sweet series!).

Let me know of some ways and some good authoring programs (i've seen maestro mentioned).

Thanks for ya time

seamonkey420

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

d@mN i love ifoeditor!!

you can make multipgc movies with it, just use that nice create ifos button!
    sweet!
    --didn't help me though..

so does anyone know how to do this yet?
    aiy peace

Last edited: Feb 23, 2003
  3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

figured this out finally.

I decided to finally brush off the dust on my dazzle dvc and captured the video and audio from my dvd player and then reauthored the episodes with custom menus and music:
    i used these programs to do this:
    -dazzle moviestar to capture vidoe and audio from my dazzle dvc usb.
    -then used tmpgenc to rencode the mpg file into a dvd compliant stream.
    -then used Dazzle DVD Complete to reauthor a new dvd with all four episodes.
    I'd have to say that DVD complete from dazzle is a pretty sweet dvd authoring program. and then built the dvd from dvd complete and burned to dvd+rw and tested and looked great..

==DOes anyone know why when i tried to use smartripper and stream the movie files into a m2v stream and a ac3 stream, my m2v stream would not re-encode or read correctly in tmpgenc, anyone gotta any ideas?

aiy, peace

seamonkey420

4. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Tom here....i have a movie (Casablanca) that when i produced it with Moviestar5, from one VHS tape it gave me 2 mpeg2 files..so that i had to put movie on 2 DVDs. Now how can i combine these 2 DVDs on one??? Some shrinking, i'm sure is required..
    thank you

tom

5. DMW

DMW Regular member

@Tomlomeo, the latest DVD2ONE had a join feature which may work for you, I'll be totally honest ive not got round to trying it but it may be just the ticket.
    Hope it helps.

6. tomlomeo

tomlomeo Member

Thank you i'll try it....happy holidays.....tom

7. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

The DVD2One "join" mode is exactly what you need, I have used it several times and it goes off without a hitch.
    Good luck...