1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple mpeg files converted to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dvddumb1, Oct 17, 2004.

1. dvddumb1

dvddumb1 Member

Hi, first of all Im sure some way its possible to do this but more less is it worth the time and hastle provided it is possible.

Ok enough bs, basically I have alot of small movie clips from my cam. all roughly 10 - 100 megs in size (most around 30m). Im interested in getting them to dvd but I wasn't sure if it would be too much of a pain. Ive done large files and converted them to dvd but its been over a year and things have changed Im certain. Just more less seeing if anyone had some method (only if its short and not too much trouble) or could name of software needed or just a nay saying its too much f$$$ing work :) Thanks

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Today is your lucky day! There is an easy way and it is only costs 49.95 and your first born child...

No really... There are quite a few programs out there that will do what you want to do. I have just recently done the same with many of my own files. Basically, you want something that will convernt those files into DVD compliant files, such as DVD Santa (which does cost money if you get it the legal way). I use the Santa because it is simple and easy to use for me, but you may want something else because there is freeware that does the same. After you do this, you will have some options. If you do not want to make your own special menus, use the Santa to burn them or Nero for that matter. If you want to make menus (which i love to do) you need to find a program that will take those converted files and allow you to do so. DVD Lab is the bomb in this case. Use it. Use it. Use it. This one is free (I think) and will take care of all your menu needs. So this is what you want and it is easy...

1. Convert the mpeggies to DVD compliant files.
    2. Create menus (optional).
    3. Burn those puppies.

The files that you can use to do this are optional and many. I suggest DVD Santa and DVD Lab to finish. Once you get used to it, it will take about 30-45 minutes to make those depending on your computer speed.

3. dvddumb1

dvddumb1 Member

Thanks for the reply, I had already found DVD Santa which worked out pretty well. In the end I didnt use it at all because the quality wasn't good enough, the xvid files played in WS and was really clean on my laptop. However when I converted the files and burnt on to DVD the video was quite diluted. That could have been dealt with but also the perspective was off quite a bit, my fault on the first disc I realized I set it to WS so that would have stretched the video. I redid the process using FS mode hoping it would leave the video untouched in perspective which would keep it WS and it still enlarged it some. Im sure the enlargement helped contribute to the video quality loss but overall it was poor enough I went ahead and watched the TV series on my laptop in surround sound sitting on my coffee table. Kind of funny looking really if you could have seen it, watching this lil screen with this enormous sound coming out lol ... but it was all worth the trouble and attempt to watch on DVD. Probly some settings I should have used but the first job I had for it was 4 DVD's (xvid format) of a TV Series.

None the less thanks for the help, Ill use again for my small files I posted on and Ill take advice from you on the menu. Something Id like to incorporate into the composition I want to make. :) Take care