1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

multiple mpegs on one dvd?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pharmdr, Jun 19, 2003.

1. pharmdr

pharmdr Member

I have been using my computer to record tv shows (cycling). The files are saved as mpegs. I would like to know if it is possible to burn more than one of these files to a single dvd. Each file is around 2.5g. Can the files be compressed to allow multiple files onto a dvd? Any help would be great.

2. ABMone

ABMone Guest

Yes you will have to author the mpegs with something like TMPGEnc DVD Author and then you can use a compression tool like DVD shrink to make it under 4.7gb and burn the video ts folder in Nero or whatever in DVD Video mode

3. pharmdr

pharmdr Member

Thanks for the info. I was able to convert the mpeg into a video_ts folder. I then used DVD Shrink to compress the movie. I still am not sure how to put multiple files onto one dvd.

4. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

ulead moviefactory

5. pharmdr

pharmdr Member

that looks to be something of interest, but would like something without a price tag. Any alternatives?

6. Redc

Redc Member

Pharmdr - I've been doing the same as you - recording TV programs to my pc using an adaptec
    AVC-2200 interface and Sonic MyDVD software. The resulting files are very large mpg files. How did you convert these to the video_ts folder? I want to shrink them down with other software, but they all require the VOB and other file structures first.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003
  7. pharmdr

pharmdr Member

I use Nero Vision Express with the mpeg plug in. You can buy the plug in from the nero web site. Using Nero, all you need to do is to: 1)choose to create a DVD. The other option is svcd. 2)Add the files you want to burn. 3)Edit if you would like. 4)At this point you have the option to burn to a DVD or to to a hard drive. I burn to a hard drive, b/c you can then use the video_ts file in a program like DVDShrink. This will allow you to compress the files before you burn them. Hope this helps. By the way, this can take several hours.

8. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

To put more than one file on your DVD, you just have to add the additional files when authoring via TMPGEnc DVD author.

1) On the source setup screen use "add file" to add your first file (episode);
    2) Select "add new track" and then "add file" for you second file;
    3) Repeat this for as many episodes as you want to include....I add a maximum of four 45 min episodes when doing TV series. You can also edit out commercials or credits at this point if you have not done that already;
    4) Make menues that will allow you to access individual files (episodes);
    5) Output the titleset to a folder on your harddrive;
    6) Use DVDshrink, DVD2One, or some such compressor to make the resulting titleset fit onto one DVD;
    7) Burn to DVD with your favorite burnign program (I use CopytoDVD).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  9. Redc

Redc Member

pharmdr - thanks for the info. Just ordered the plug-in. Will let you know what happens after I give it a try.

10. pharmdr

pharmdr Member

Thanks for the info yuriv. I will have to give that a try. I have been focusing all my time on converting svcd's to dvd's. It turned out to be harded than I thought, but I think I have a handle on it now, so I can get back to my multiple mpeg mission.