1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple PC installs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by GloKidd, Apr 6, 2007.

1. GloKidd

GloKidd Member

Hi all, thanks for providing a place where users can help users, thats great.

I own a ful retail version of nero 6.6.1.4 that we had installed on our computer when we bought it(at first i thought it was an OEM but a nero tech. guy identified it as full retail)and have been thoroughly enjoying the purchace. Recently i bought a second PC and was wondering if i am able to use the retail version that i own already on this new one. Now i figure that this should be no problem and that this is actually a really silly question but i want to check with those that might know before i accidentally invalidate my serial.

If this would work on my new computer, would i just be able to unlock a trial version with the serial #(that i bought and paid for)?
    Most of the discs that came with my older system when we bought it are buried in boxes in the back room, and to be quite honest im not even sure dell sent one which the nero page said should have been the case (i think im going to ave to call up dell about that one)

I had sent an email to nero tech support, who have usually been very responsive, but have yet to recieve a reply on this. I am very greatfull for a community such as this, i use tech support forums for a lot of things and was sort of bummed that the official nero page didnt take advantage of the benefits of one.

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I have and have had both Nero 6 and 7 installed on several different computers. As long as your serial number is valid, you can download and then activate the trial. It stays valid forever as near as I can tell.

Do protect it though. If I'm not mistaken, Nero can invalidate specific serials and prevent them from unlocking the trial version.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  4. GloKidd

GloKidd Member

Thanks for the quick reply Guyy, that is indeed a relief. Ive actually had this newer system for a little while now and had installed an OEM version of nero that came with an external dvd writer that i bought. Unortuneatly it was one of those limited versions mentioned in another thread and the Mpeg-4 enc/dec trial just ran out i guess. I imagine i should use the nero 6 clean tool to unninstall the previos version before installing the demo? or can i just add a new serial from nero startsmart?

Thanks again i really appreciate the help

5. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Yes and glad to be of help.

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'd say use the clean tool, download and install the newer version.

You really should avoid 6.6.1.4 or newer as they have a few bugs. Mainly you can't autoburn with Shrink with these.

I've got the most stable version here:
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/Software.html

Download both packages and unlock with your serial number.

7. GloKidd

GloKidd Member

Very cool, thanks again for all the help and the quick and informative replys. I have been a little discouraged about the whole issue as i hadnt heard from nero support in quite some time. I was pretty much figured i was going to have to buy a 4th copy of nero(i own 2 Bundled OEM versions as well, but both are the limited options versions)

thanks again, the help is greatly appreciated